+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 117

Thread: pride park sale

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Youíre reading too much into it with timing. I told you weeks ago how serious this was. These investigations have been going on before the season started as well I donít think it will even effect this window. However it could be devastating. It could be as many as 15-20 points and a 18 month embargo. The points could be this season or the start of next. The embargo would destroy any takeover. Time folks stopped denials and got serious. Of course we could just talk about Marinakis being a drug dealer if it makes you more secure 😘
    Ha ha Mr Foresight think it's time you started being in denial about Marinakis You told me he's never been convicted which is true I then proved to you he has to stand trial again Which is probably why you never replied People in glass houses pal

  2. #92
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,798
    so if the EFL think the ground is worth, say, only £ 60m, then the solution is easy. The club can then simply buy the ground back from Mel for £ 1 and then sell it to another of his companies for £ 60 million.

    Simples and FFP sorted for another 3 or 4 years

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,023
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Ha ha Mr Foresight think it's time you started being in denial about Marinakis You told me he's never been convicted which is true I then proved to you he has to stand trial again Which is probably why you never replied People in glass houses pal
    Iím in denial about Jack ****. How many times has Marinakis been accused of something? How many times has ANYTHING stuck? Until then itís nothing. Thanks for proving my point about talking about anything but whatís in front of you. BTW it was you that said Iíd made this all up. Coming from someone with an alter ego as a footballer. Thatís quite funny. Stick your fingers in your ears, shut your eyes, sing la la la la laaaaaar. It may go away.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,215
    [QUOTE=Trickytreesreds;39411382]

    How many times has Marinakis been accused of something? [QUOTE]

    A. A great many more times than Mel Morris...but so what, can we move on?

    Itís only been made remotely relevant because months ago you launched an attack on the honesty and integrity of our owner.
    As far as the matter of the EFL charge is concerned Marinakisí alleged behaviour is irrelevant.

    P.S. Why should we expect a greater penalty than the 9 point one handed out to Brum?
    Itíd obviously be very welcome but I reckon we could live with it and survive this season.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 17-01-2020 at 11:55 AM.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,215
    [QUOTE=ramAnag;39411388][QUOTE=Trickytreesreds;39411382]

    How many times has Marinakis been accused of something?

    A. A great many more times than Mel Morris...but so what, can we move on?

    It’s only been made remotely relevant because months ago you launched an attack on the honesty and integrity of our owner.
    As far as the matter of the EFL charge is concerned Marinakis’ alleged behaviour is irrelevant.

    P.S. Why should we expect a greater penalty than the 9 point one handed out to Brum?
    It’d obviously be very welcome but I reckon we could live with it and survive this season.
    ...unwelcome...NOT ‘welcome’...obviously! Apologies.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Iím in denial about Jack ****. How many times has Marinakis been accused of something? How many times has ANYTHING stuck? Until then itís nothing. Thanks for proving my point about talking about anything but whatís in front of you. BTW it was you that said Iíd made this all up. Coming from someone with an alter ego as a footballer. Thatís quite funny. Stick your fingers in your ears, shut your eyes, sing la la la la laaaaaar. It may go away.
    You were just the sucker who couldn't believe my proper name So your not going to tell me why you didn't reply are you Funny your usually like shut of a shovel when think you can have a dig How many times have you accused dcfc of things You've spent years telling us were going bust were still here still finishing above you as usual

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,949
    Just read Simon Jordan's views on this. He says Mel should sue the EFL and goes on to say something of which I was unaware, namely, Mel plans to put a roof on the stadium and hold concerts there......

    That would certainly generate a lot of money and more than justify the £80M price tag......

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,998
    Yes there were articles in the DET and even during the famous interview on talksport where he said PP is only used 30 days a year and if we put a roof on it which he's had a firm in to look at doing he could increase the use of PP to 100 days a year and put another 10/12m on the bottom line, interestingly within those articles/interviews he also stated the club still have all the emails sent to and from the EFL regarding the sale of the ground to himself and the 80m valuation and that the EFL were fine with both

    As of September 2019...Statement from DCFC

    "The stadium was subject to an independent professional valuation before sale, nearly 18 months ago, and the EFL indicated in writing that the arrangement was in accordance with its rules and regulations," read the statement.

    "The EFL cannot now, long after approving the arrangements, suggest Derby County breached the rules," read a statement on the club's official website."

    "The Club regrets that Middlesbrough Football Club have said they are suing the EFL over the matter, but that is a matter for them"


    "Derby County offered to show Middlesbrough its financial records but they declined the invitation and appear to have decided to bring a claim against the EFL instead"

    "The outcome of that action could not now affect Derby County, which has already had its financial returns for the relevant season approved by the EFL"

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,215
    Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Yes there were articles in the DET and even during the famous interview on talksport where he said PP is only used 30 days a year and if we put a roof on it which he's had a firm in to look at doing he could increase the use of PP to 100 days a year and put another 10/12m on the bottom line, interestingly within those articles/interviews he also stated the club still have all the emails sent to and from the EFL regarding the sale of the ground to himself and the 80m valuation and that the EFL were fine with both

    As of September 2019...Statement from DCFC

    "The stadium was subject to an independent professional valuation before sale, nearly 18 months ago, and the EFL indicated in writing that the arrangement was in accordance with its rules and regulations," read the statement.

    "The EFL cannot now, long after approving the arrangements, suggest Derby County breached the rules," read a statement on the club's official website."

    "The Club regrets that Middlesbrough Football Club have said they are suing the EFL over the matter, but that is a matter for them"


    "Derby County offered to show Middlesbrough its financial records but they declined the invitation and appear to have decided to bring a claim against the EFL instead"

    "The outcome of that action could not now affect Derby County, which has already had its financial returns for the relevant season approved by the EFL"
    Spot on Stenson.

    Completely beyond me how the EFL can do a complete about turn having already approved the returns.

    Given how much of a ‘balls up’ they make of so many other things maybe the EFL are biting off a little more than they can chew seeing as they seem to be simultaneously having a go at us, Wednesday and Villa.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,949
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Spot on Stenson.

    Completely beyond me how the EFL can do a complete about turn having already approved the returns.

    Given how much of a ‘balls up’ they make of so many other things maybe the EFL are biting off a little more than they can chew seeing as they seem to be simultaneously having a go at us, Wednesday and Villa.
    .... and being sued by Boro

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •