+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: pride park sale

From the mouth of Mel, looks legal to me. Saying that I'm no legal expert just a retired Lion tamer!

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...d-sale-3290644

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    If the EFL believe that we sold assets at an artificially high profit, then they should investigate us getting £ 1.8 million for Rowett rather than the surplus on the ground. The former was the greater mark up on value
    Geoff in law it's says a more serious offence to under value an asset So maybe Mel just playing safe

Oooooh strong rumours circulating about this sale. You and Villa in hot water. 🤔

Either the FA or the EFL looked at this when it happened and decided it was OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Oooooh strong rumours circulating about this sale. You and Villa in hot water. ��
    You should be more worried about Marinakis he stands trial in November for his 2015 match fixing ,according to Greek sports papers they got him this time

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    You should be more worried about Marinakis he stands trial in November for his 2015 match fixing ,according to Greek sports papers they got him this time
    Nope, heard all that before. It comes from rivals wanting him removed.
    when referring to one of his arch rivals, Giannis Alafouzos, president of Panathinaikos and owner of SKAI TV whose family also owns Kathimerini newspaper among other media. Alafouzos has not been shy to use his media to attack Marinakis and has been convicted in the courts (three times including suspended prison sentences) of breaking Greek privacy laws as a direct result of it.
    I think the police would have had something to say by now.

As for Derby, I'm only passing on what I've heard. Came from a legal advisor for EFL allegedly. Not hit the news yet, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Nope, heard all that before. It comes from rivals wanting him removed.
    when referring to one of his arch rivals, Giannis Alafouzos, president of Panathinaikos and owner of SKAI TV whose family also owns Kathimerini newspaper among other media. Alafouzos has not been shy to use his media to attack Marinakis and has been convicted in the courts (three times including suspended prison sentences) of breaking Greek privacy laws as a direct result of it.
    I think the police would have had something to say by now.

As for Derby, I'm only passing on what I've heard. Came from a legal advisor for EFL allegedly. Not hit the news yet, so we'll see.
    Ha ha rose tinted glasses again Tricky . I bet I know who told you about , it's that little bird again it always is with you You have been telling me for five years we're going bankrupt ,but we're still here Don't believe that Boro Muppet he's always threatening us with something nothing ever comes of it We have a very clever owner and accountants

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Ha ha rose tinted glasses again Tricky . I bet I know who told you about , it's that little bird again it always is with you You have been telling me for five years we're going bankrupt ,but we're still here Don't believe that Boro Muppet he's always threatening us with something nothing ever comes of it We have a very clever owner and accountants
    It isn't the Boro muppet.
    48 hours after I first heard of this, our Mel shoots this out.
    https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...e-park-3341934

If what I hear is correct, it is to do with a points deduction. This Mel laying the grounds for an appeal. The EFL has said nothing at all on this.
    The person who let this out, is legal with the EFL and the PL.
    MM is about as trustworthy as a politician, so don't lecture me on rose tinted glasses.

I said time will tell, looks like we have the first salvo coming out.

So...we shouldn’t take any notice of Marinakis because ‘it comes from rivals...’, but we should be worried about the Pride Park valuation even though it also comes from a ‘rival’.

Also, what has Mel Morris done to earn your description of him being as ‘trustworthy as a politician’?
    He seems to have made every effort to deliver on his promises since taking over to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So...we shouldn’t take any notice of Marinakis because ‘it comes from rivals...’, but we should be worried about the Pride Park valuation even though it also comes from a ‘rival’.

Also, what has Mel Morris done to earn your description of him being as ‘trustworthy as a politician’?
    He seems to have made every effort to deliver on his promises since taking over to me.
    Do you read anything I say?
    I have been told, that DCFC and Villa are getting serious leanings legally over breaches of FFP. I said nothing about Boro, Pride Park or whoever valued it.
    The person who passed this info, works legally for EFL and PL. Points reductions have been talked about.
    I said this 48 hours before todays statement. I do not know if it is true or not. I mearly passed it on. Scoff it if you wish, it means jack to me.
    MM is an owner who has poured a pot of money into DCFC. That money most certainly has pushed Derby into suspicion of FFP breaches. If the ground sale is dodgy, someone has obviously decided to say something.
    You can dance around FFP all you like, but it will bite at some point. It cost us a transfer embargo.

As for Marinakis, if he's guilty. I'd expect him jailed. However, we have loads of Greek fans who follow what goes on in greek football. The allegations all stem from one particular club owner. Nothing has ever stuck. So think what you will.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)