+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: pride park sale

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Do you read anything I say?
    I have been told, that DCFC and Villa are getting serious leanings legally over breaches of FFP. I said nothing about Boro, Pride Park or whoever valued it.
    The person who passed this info, works legally for EFL and PL. Points reductions have been talked about.
    I said this 48 hours before todays statement. I do not know if it is true or not. I mearly passed it on. Scoff it if you wish, it means jack to me.
    MM is an owner who has poured a pot of money into DCFC. That money most certainly has pushed Derby into suspicion of FFP breaches. If the ground sale is dodgy, someone has obviously decided to say something.
    You can dance around FFP all you like, but it will bite at some point. It cost us a transfer embargo.

As for Marinakis, if he's guilty. I'd expect him jailed. However, we have loads of Greek fans who follow what goes on in greek football. The allegations all stem from one particular club owner. Nothing has ever stuck. So think what you will.
    Yes, I read what you say...how else would I be able to quote you?

I also recognise your outbursts of excitement every time something appears to be going wrong for DCFC and - as ever - this time you can hardly contain yourself.

Maybe there is something in it, maybe there isn’t, but it doesn’t make Morris the type of individual you suggest and given the reputation your owner has I know which of the two I find more ‘trustworthy’.

As for the valuation...I honestly wouldn’t know where or how to start. It’s a 33,000+ capacity multi function stadium with increasingly good transport links that has been valued at £80m. To put it in context...isn’t the cost of redeveloping your own ground already estimated at £100m?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yes, I read what you say...how else would I be able to quote you?

I also recognise your outbursts of excitement every time something appears to be going wrong for DCFC and - as ever - this time you can hardly contain yourself.

Maybe there is something in it, maybe there isn’t, but it doesn’t make Morris the type of individual you suggest and given the reputation your owner has I know which of the two I find more ‘trustworthy’.

As for the valuation...I honestly wouldn’t know where or how to start. It’s a 33,000+ capacity multi function stadium with increasingly good transport links that has been valued at £80m. To put it in context...isn’t the cost of redeveloping your own ground already estimated at £100m?
    Jesus Christ (no I'm not joining in the religion debate), My excitement?
    Do I enjoy seeing Derby county fall over? Of course I do. It's all part of the game. No different to the **** I put up with from your side of the Midlands. (My brother in law is a sheep molester, the filthy ****)

But contain myself? You make it sound like you are a sooth sayer or psychiatrist at times and are able to judge every individual you come across.
    It's type on a screen professor! get over yourself.
    Morris is an owner and I wouldn't think he'd hesitate to explore a loophole that he thought he could get away with. To divert a collision with an iceberg.

As for the valuation? I am not a CPV and have no idea how it works. It seems neither do you but in your head it all makes sense.
    All I know is the value MM put on Pride Park is outside the one I've seen quoted. So selling something to yourself and leasing it back, doesn't seem quite right.
    But it isn't anything to do with me. I told you what I'd heard, so your jousting with the wrong person. Someone legally in football isn't happy.
    No it may all blow over, I haven't a clue. But when points reductions are on the table, someone is serious.
    It would explain the statement yesterday, a precursor for an appeal.

As for the city ground redevopment, I haven't a clue. All I could assume, is that being where it is, boxed in tight by the river Trent. Means any construction costs are going to go through the roof. This isn't a clean slate and the job is Tricky. There is also the urban problem of housing to contend with.
    £100 M on the value of the CG? Don't make me laugh. We could have a new stadium for that price, on a ****ty brown site. The decision was to leave it there. That was what the 300 year lease was all about.

Your excitement...yes.
    You started the thread, have maintained it and contributed about half of it...probably explains why I’m ‘jousting’ with you rather than an unnamed individual

Of course Morris knows how to exploit business loopholes. That though is not what you said and I repeat...given all that Marinakis has been accused of...there really is no comparison. A case of people in glass houses there in your case I suspect.

I readily admit I am no businessman and know next to nothing about valuations but the £100m valuation of what it would cost to redevelop the City Ground was reported in the Nottingham Post just over three months ago on June 9th. You do the maths.

Before you dig too deep a hole for yourself RA, please bear in mind that the valuation of a ground has little to do with its building cost. The valuation is in essence the net present value of the net revenue stream that the asset can generate. In the PL our ground would be worth way more than it would be in our current position, which in turn would be greater than that if we were to head to Division 3.

Consider to your own house. How much is it worth compared to the insured value in your buildings policy?

Definitely don’t read them QED it may cost £100 m to redevelop it. But that is because of the difficulty doing it. Will it be worth that ? Will it **** as like. Somebody take professor outside and educate him please on basic economics.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Definitely don’t read them QED it may cost £100 m to redevelop it. But that is because of the difficulty doing it. Will it be worth that ? Will it **** as like. Somebody take professor outside and educate him please on basic economics.
    I don’t remember ever saying it would be ‘worth £100m’, Tricky.

I have no idea what its current worth is but my only point is that, if it’s going to cost you lot £100m to develop your stadium so that it accommodates up to approx. 4500 more fans than Pride Park currently does, then that doesn’t reflect too badly on our £80m valuation of something which is already complete, already has a good reputation and was built with relatively easy expansion uppermost in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Before you dig too deep a hole for yourself RA, please bear in mind that the valuation of a ground has little to do with its building cost. The valuation is in essence the net present value of the net revenue stream that the asset can generate. In the PL our ground would be worth way more than it would be in our current position, which in turn would be greater than that if we were to head to Division 3.

Consider to your own house. How much is it worth compared to the insured value in your buildings policy?
    Thanks for the warning GP, and I readily accept that you know more than me - and indeed most on here - regarding a whole variety of economic matters.

Even I, with my paucity of financial knowledge, however recognise the huge differential between the rebuilding cost of a property and the price it might currently be sold for which obviously includes factors such as plot size, land price and location etc.

Having said that, at a domestic level I would not - hypothetically - be looking at building a ££40k extension on my £400k house if the ultimate value was unlikely to increase by at least as much as the cost of the extension.

Beyond that, I fully recognise the limitations of my knowledge in this area but I’m not entirely convinced about the rest of your explanation for the following reasons.
    1. The £80m estimate of worth was made when we were in exactly the same playing position as we are today.
    2. As far as the revenue stream generated by the hosting of such events as concerts, conferences and exhibitions etc is concerned, does our playing performance/level make any difference at all?
    3. Is the level we are playing at really so crucial? Only a relatively small percentage of our playing years at PP have seen top flight football and given the fickleness of football fans in general, would the revenue directly attributed to football be much less for a side achieving success in a lower ‘division’ than failure in the one above...i.e. should the unthinkable happen...don’t you think a Derby team flying at the top of League 1 would attract better crowds and much the same revenue as a team struggling to achieve survival or mid table mediocrity in the Championship?
    4. Is Anfield - the stadium - worth more, now that it hosts the European Champions, than it was worth a year ago? Correspondingly has Manchester United’s lack of success in recent years led to a decline in the value of Old Trafford?

OK, you know best

OK, you know best
    Welcome to my world,

OK, you know best
    Really not saying that...as my opening sentence suggests...they’re genuine questions.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)