+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: pride park sale

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Cant argue with club official statement
    Unbelievable Geoff!

Sorry had to get that in

It's quite an aggressive statement, seemingly casting aspersions on EFL's integrity! Sometimes shouting makes things worse, we'll see how this ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    It's quite an aggressive statement, seemingly casting aspersions on EFL's integrity! Sometimes shouting makes things worse, we'll see how this ends up.
    Yes Adi think you may be right ,funny the FL don't even mention the stadium sale on their statement . They would love to get one over MM he's the one who first took them to task on the tv money and the parachute payments . They have already got a writ against them from Boro .

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    What do you make of it Geoff when you are the statement it's hard to say that the FL argument will be But obviously they will have done their homework Apparently UEFA rule all over Europe you can not use fixed assets against ffp. But the FL relaxed the rules in 2016 to help clubs relegated from the Prem ,this is the loophole the club's have been . I know we've had letters from the FL warning us against sailing close to ffp. I wonder if they may use that

If the clubs statement that they have written confirmation from EFL approving their actions then I cannot see that legally the EFL can do diddly squat.

Seems to me there may have been a cock up t the EFl but thats their problem and not Derby's.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Seems to me there may have been a cock up t the EFl but thats their problem and not Derby's.
    EFL has admitted to a mistake according to the club statement.

At all times, the Club has acted transparently with the EFL in its submissions for both FFP/P&S and, in respect of the charges above, had received written approval for all of its submissions in respect of this legislation. No allegation has been raised to the contrary by the EFL. Rather, the EFL now claims that it made a “mistake.”

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    EFL has admitted to a mistake according to the club statement.

At all times, the Club has acted transparently with the EFL in its submissions for both FFP/P&S and, in respect of the charges above, had received written approval for all of its submissions in respect of this legislation. No allegation has been raised to the contrary by the EFL. Rather, the EFL now claims that it made a “mistake.”
    MA if what the club are saying is true and it obviously is . It seems pretty water tight to me .
    The only slight problem maybe ,although the club say they were transparent is the amortation of players Don't forget MM criticised Wolves for doing it when they were promoted

It would seem that the DCFC statement is almost word for word a copy of the one Sheff Wed put out. Are the clubs ganging up on the EFL? Or is it more safety in numbers?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)