+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ardley scared of Doyle?

I think the last few games he has been very decent. He will take the ball in tight areas and constantly looks to play it forward and harries the opposition very well and those qualities shouldn’t be under estimated. I thought towards the end of last season his levels dropped and tbf the team around him didn’t help, agree he shouldn’t be on dead balls but who else is there bar booty and someone has to give way for him and at the moment for me that would be Rose, he’s just not as consistent as he should be at the mo. As for the sendings off that’s just the nature of the beast, you don’t keep going at 38 onwards in centre mid without fight or edge, not saying it’s right but that’s part of his character. Guess we will see now what happens without him but obviously O’Brien can fit in there and tbf everyone slating ardley for playing him on the left I think have been proved wrong as he’s perfectly comfortable there as we saw yesterday.

Regarding the 2 red cards, I think he is showing a very frustrated figure in that he has played at a very high level & is a confident character but the players he is coming up against at this level are quicker, stronger & fitter than he is even if they aren't technically as good and he is reverting to rough play & verbals. I agree that if results go well without him that he might have to wait to get back in the side & when he does surely Ardley can't believe that he is the best at dead ball situations in the team regardless of the fact that he is big enough to keep putting himself forward to take them as captain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123