+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grinning scared!

Grinning scared!

Come on Mr. Corbyn, be honest, that's a joke for a start, you don't want an election because you know that you will lose. You've been banging on about having an election ever since the result of the Referendum and now that you've got the opportunity, you're 'bottling' it. Mind you, I'm not surprised because with the disarray the Tory Party are in any opposition leader with the slightest semblance of credibility would absolutely 'walk it'. The British electorate are not stupid and no matter whether a Remainer or Brexiteer they are filled with horror at the thought of you leading this country. If you have any semblance of decency just fade out of the picture and let a more credible figure lead the Labour Party and you never know the party might win the election. You never will!

By the way, the title of this thread should read 'Running scared'. That's what I wrote. Why it came out as 'Grinning' I don't know.
    Last edited by Leicesterbaggie; 05-09-2019 at 05:58 AM.

It appears that the Government are not going to filibuster the bill in the Lords debate and will then gain Assent from the Queen. Corbyn is now on record saying that he will agree to a G/E when the bill gains assent. Boris will then call the G/E for the 15th October. When everyone is out campaigning Boris will again see the Queen and state he will now move the G/E to say 5th November. As Parliament is prorogued no one can debate it. Therefore we will have left the EU with a clean break Brexit and we can then all vote Conservative and obliterate Labour. Well thats the theory anyway

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    It appears that the Government are not going to filibuster the bill in the Lords debate and will then gain Assent from the Queen. Corbyn is now on record saying that he will agree to a G/E when the bill gains assent. Boris will then call the G/E for the 15th October. When everyone is out campaigning Boris will again see the Queen and state he will now move the G/E to say 5th November. As Parliament is prorogued no one can debate it. Therefore we will have left the EU with a clean break Brexit and we can then all vote Conservative and obliterate Labour. Well thats the theory anyway
    Sounds like a plan!

Surely if the House of Lords passes the bill today then it will get automatic Royal assent and then become LAW on Monday 9th September. If the Government decide to ignore the bill or the law then it is almost certain that they will face Legal challenges which they are sure to lose.

More chance of us winning the Premier League next season that there being a No deal Brexit on 31st October in my opinion. Yes there is an outside chance that some incredible and unlikely events could happen to make it happen but don’t hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    A cunning plan Baldric. We can only hope it comes true.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    ............By the way, the title of this thread should read 'Running scared'. That's what I wrote. Why it came out as 'Grinning' I don't know.
    I wouldn't worry about it LB, it put a grin on my face anyway .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it LB, it put a grin on my face anyway .
    I'm pleased it made you smile '68. Not much else to smile about in our politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I'm pleased it made you smile '68. Not much else to smile about in our politics.
    Oh I don't know about that LB, I quite like a bit of tragicomedy myself.

Step forward MP for Leeds East Richard Burgon..........

https://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/statu...83105368289283

....... courtesy of Paul Embery's tw@tter account, it's well worth a watch and listen if you haven't already.

See what you mean '68. Couldn't make it up could you?

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Oh I don't know about that LB, I quite like a bit of tragicomedy myself.

Step forward MP for Leeds East Richard Burgon..........

https://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/statu...83105368289283

....... courtesy of Paul Embery's tw@tter account, it's well worth a watch and listen if you haven't already.
    If you want to brighten your day listen to Labour’s Lisa Nandy.........her speech impediment only accentuates her utter stupidity.

I’ll really miss Ken Clarke because although a Remainer he’s such a great speaker.

Talking of “speakers”.........I’d love ten minutes alone in a room with that odious little runt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)