+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard Brindley & Sean Shields

And here are Barnet fans on Brindley http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/view...8943e4a9887c89

Comments include:
    Again, fails to get a league team.
    We all know he's good enough, so does he. But a league class, London based fit RB free agent wouldn't be signing for 2 non-league teams 2 seasons on the trot if there wasn't something else there. I'm sure it's not just petulance.
    ---------
    He's far too good for this level. Would walk into most teams in L2, strange one really.
    ---------
    I’d hazard a guess that despite clubs being understanding about mental health issues with players on their books, they’re worried about recruiting somebody who has been open about it.
    ----------
    However he seems to be delusional with regard to the level he should be playing at vs his actual playing level. That said it must be a real knock to confidence and
    esteem to go from league football to non-league, and some players will not make the adjustment.
    ----------
    I don't think he's delusional at all. He never looked out of his depth in L2 and Bromley fans thought he looked too good for the NL and thought he would move on to a league club.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    A winger so we'll play him left or right back probably
    and get dropped every 3rd game

I think you reach a point in most managers tenure where you know that it doesn’t matter who they sign, the problem isn’t with the players.

I’ve reached that point.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I think you reach a point in most managers tenure where you know that it doesn’t matter who they sign, the problem isn’t with the players.

I’ve reached that point.
    I think your dead right, he cant organise, and cant motivate.

Bill Brindleys love grandson

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    I think your dead right, he cant organise, and cant motivate.
    True, but he has to be given time. You never know, organisation and motivation are skills he might just acquire in a couple of years time.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    I'm assuming that Football Radar are giving the stats on players we are signing, and the aim is to get people in who can do a job, but are being overlooked elsewhere. I'd rather be signing none league players than aging players from higher leagues. The team definitely needs width. Unsure about a right back. Looks like Toots is on his way then.
    Call me sceptical if you like, but does it seem likely that Football Radar have details about all non-league footballers?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    True, but he has to be given time. You never know, organisation and motivation are skills he might just acquire in a couple of years time.

Sarcasm!
    Lets not turn this into another Ardley witch hunt, we all know how you football fans are

This is bad news, looks like Ardley's sticking around a while

Brindley sounds like a calculated gamble, he has decent pedigree but there's no guarantee he can still do the business. Also signifies curtains for Toots.

Shields... Don't get it at all. He's 28 and has done nothing in his career. Are you trying to tell me there weren't better wingers available on loan?! Would much prefer us to play Osbourne.

Signing players on loan from Ebsfleet's bench... good grief.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast