+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rugby

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Rugby Union is a great game wish I had started playing it earlier in my life. I was 33 when I started playing out in the Middle East.

I played at Dubai 7’s tournament every year. Once you get to 40 and Vets age it’s 10 a side and a lot easier on the legs.

The one great thing about rugby is all players respect the referee on the pitch Oh and they shake hands with the opposition AFTER the game
    We've always been a rugby family - my grandad got 14 caps for Scotland and my dad played for South of Scotland. Obviously the talent got diluted through the generations as I only manager Northumberland U18 before injury took it's toll!

They say that football is a gentelman's game played by hooligans and rugby is a hooligan's game played by gentelemen - quite an accurate summary I reckon. You can have/have had the sh*t beaten out of you (mostly within the rules, you'd hope) in a game but still have a beer and a laugh with your opposite man in the bar afterwards. I've never had that with football. I recently saw a photo of two lads who had been sent off for brawling having a beer in the dressing room while the game was still going on.

The rugby union authorities have done a lot to change the rules in recent years to improve the game and make it safer. They've done a great job with VAR and football could learn from it. VAR in rugby adds to the game and spectator entertainment, the opposite of football (here in Brazil, many VAR decisions in football are taking literally 4-5 minutes so much worse than in England).

The World Cup in Japan should be a cracking event - starts on 20th September, I think.

Like a bit of rugby me like. Looking forward to the world cup. Does any one know what the attendance was on Friday as it seems to be a secret ? I can't find it any where. I reckon it will be the biggest attendance all season

Its ok found it just over 50000
    Last edited by malamoto; 08-09-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Be quite the indictment on the regime if a rugby game turns out to have been the biggest crowd of the season.

Dark days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Be quite the indictment on the regime if a rugby game turns out to have been the biggest crowd of the season.

Dark days.
    Not really. Playing international rugby at St.James' Park is a few and far between privilege for the teams and the rugby fans. They're bound to almost fill the stadium on the back of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Dark days.
    Crowds at Toon home games will never top 50’000 this season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)