+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England v Bulgaria - any interest?

England v Bulgaria - any interest?

In the distant past I could not wait for England to kick off.

Now it's a case of who are we playing next...

Attachment 13839

BEL
    Belgium
    1746 1746 0
    BRA
    Brazil
    1726 1681 1
    FRA
    France
    1718 1718 -1
    ENG
    England
    1652 1652 0

England v Bulgaria - any interest?

the group - Bulgaria, Kosovo, Czech Republic and Montenegro.

nah, no interest.....move along.

Everyone can bull up Southgate and all the England players as much as they want, they have done nothing out of the ordinary since Southgate has taken over, when they play quality teams and constantly hold their own or better I may become interested, until then its just praise from pundits who should know better than spouting sh!te.

4 - 0 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Everyone can bull up Southgate and all the England players as much as they want, they have done nothing out of the ordinary since Southgate has taken over, when they play quality teams and constantly hold their own or better I may become interested, until then its just praise from pundits who should know better than spouting sh!te.
    Could you possibly imagine the size of the new arsehole Zidane would rip for Rice, Henderson and Barkley?

Another comfortable win, I can't be bothered to check the stats so someone could prove me wrong, but we seem to have become something of a winning machine under Gareth. By and large minnows are beaten, banana skins are avoided, later stages of tournaments are reached. I thought it would all end in tears soon enough under Gareth, and maybe it still will, but he's surprised me, it seems we have the most competent England manager since Sir Alf, despite him having a much smaller pool of decent players to pick from.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Another comfortable win, I can't be bothered to check the stats so someone could prove me wrong, but we seem to have become something of a winning machine under Gareth. By and large minnows are beaten, banana skins are avoided, later stages of tournaments are reached. I thought it would all end in tears soon enough under Gareth, and maybe it still will, but he's surprised me, it seems we have the most competent England manager since Sir Alf, despite him having a much smaller pool of decent players to pick from.
    I watched it with the footie mad father-in-law, Bulgaria were absolutely bloody awful. I'm not convinced with Southgate, the back four look OK (except Rose ), the front three are formidable, but the midfield will get shredded by a decent side.

I have to say I'm glad I didn't pay to watch the game. I thought football was supposed to be entertaining. Looking at the scoreline you would think it was a good match. Far from it. We were gifted 3 goals by woeful opposition defending. Kane was doing a Wood, Henderson was out on the right and Sterling in the middle for half the game, what was that about? Many was the opportunity for Henderson (if it's in his locker) to go down the wing and lift the ball into the box but no. He just passed it back again. If it's not in his locker he should have been in the middle. BT you're right about getting shredded by a decent side unless Southgate has another plan for better opposition. According to the commentator Kosovo are a much better side so we'll see what the next game brings. YAWN

Quote Originally Posted by frantastic51 View Post
    I have to say I'm glad I didn't pay to watch the game. I thought football was supposed to be entertaining. Looking at the scoreline you would think it was a good match. Far from it. We were gifted 3 goals by woeful opposition defending. Kane was doing a Wood, Henderson was out on the right and Sterling in the middle for half the game, what was that about? Many was the opportunity for Henderson (if it's in his locker) to go down the wing and lift the ball into the box but no. He just passed it back again. If it's not in his locker he should have been in the middle. BT you're right about getting shredded by a decent side unless Southgate has another plan for better opposition. According to the commentator Kosovo are a much better side so we'll see what the next game brings. YAWN
    You really are way too sensible to be posting on here Fran. More or less everything you say is either spot on or very near to the mark.

I also notice your rather agreeable tendency to agree with a lot of my opinions...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)