+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 📈Form Table Thread

I think this is an excellent thread.
    Perhaps we need an extra line for the top 3.
    Teams in positions 4th to 7th have an extra 2 matches to play in quarter final play offs.

Am I becoming too optimistic ??

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Teams in positions 4th to 7th have an extra 2 matches to play in quarter final play offs.

I don't believe that you can ever be too optimistic

i think playoffs in the NL are still one legged affairs with the higher team getting home advantage, its tough for a team in 4th/7th to go up because they effectively have to win 3 games in a week......tough but we are Notts and impossible is nothing
    Last edited by bridpie78; 26-09-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post

I had thought of that but didn’t think want to tempt fate, if we win Saturday I’ll add it in!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I should be working but it's monday and I'm struggling for motivation, a little like Notts really, so I've done some maths instead. Apologies to those in advance who don't find this interesting.

Based on the last 5 seasons it seems 75 points in this league will get you in the top 7, so a play off spot. I thoink at the beginning of the season and maybe even now most of us would be ecstatic with that so I have used this points total as a minimum benchmark.

The chart below will plot the points gained vs points needed in order to achieve 75 points.

Some key data:
    Starting from now we will need a points per game average of 1.78.
    Ardley's PPG average in total as a manager currently stands at 1.23
    Ardley's PPG average so far with Notts is 0.98
    Ardley's PPG average so far this season is 1.10
    Yes, in the FL, 70/71 pts can get you 7th place. In the conference, weaker teams in the bottom half means that 75pts is the norm.
    I think that's 58pts needed from 33games

W17 D7 L9 or
    W16 D10 L7

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yes, in the FL, 70/71 pts can get you 7th place. In the conference, weaker teams in the bottom half means that 75pts is the norm.
    I think that's 58pts needed from 33games

W17 D7 L9 or
    W16 D10 L7
    74 last year 73 year before.

AFC Fylde Preview:

Last seasons NL play off finalists, like Notts have had an indifferent start to the season but visit ML today having recorded back to back wins in their last two games, a feat Notts will be hoping to replicate for the first time since February.

Fylde currently sit 16th in the league, 1 point behind Notts and with a GD of -3. Notts should take some encouragement from the fact that Fylde have already shipped 21 goals this season and two thirds of those away from home.

There are a couple of interesting games involving teams in the places just above Notts which means that although there is an outside chance that a win today could see us in the top 7 today it is probably unlikely.

As expected there’s not much in it with the bookies generally making Notts slight favourites.

William Hill currently offering Notts 23/20 | Fylde 23/10 | Draw 12/5.

It’s going to be one of those days today where we either balls it up completely in front of a big crowd or put on a great performance, get the 3 points and break the NL attendance record. Fingers crossed for the latter!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I should be working but it's monday and I'm struggling for motivation, a little like Notts really, so I've done some maths instead. Apologies to those in advance who don't find this interesting.

Based on the last 5 seasons it seems 75 points in this league will get you in the top 7, so a play off spot. I thoink at the beginning of the season and maybe even now most of us would be ecstatic with that so I have used this points total as a minimum benchmark.

The chart below will plot the points gained vs points needed in order to achieve 75 points.

Some key data:
    Starting from now we will need a points per game average of 1.78.
    Ardley's PPG average in total as a manager currently stands at 1.23
    Ardley's PPG average so far with Notts is 0.98
    Ardley's PPG average so far this season is 1.10

Attachment 13858
    No i wouldnt be ecstatic with a play off place

I would expect this, as an absolute minimum requirement. It should be automatic notts aim for

Well I did say most, not everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    74 last year 73 year before.
    And 76, 75, and 75 before that

55pts needed from 32 games. Already looking better!
    W16 D7 L9

Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast