+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 📈Form Table Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    If you eyeball the graph, our current average position is 15th?.....now count the weeks where we have been 15th or lower, 9?.....then weeks higher 7?......15th sounds about right due to our terrible start to the season.

Personally it´s the only chart that I ignore (we´re equal 7th is all I´m bothered about and getting better).....love the prediction chart of 70 points.
    70 points would have got us in the 7th spot in 2013 (Luton got 67), 71 points in 2011, 72 in 2014 and 73 in 2018.......it´s getting exciting!

If you eyeball the graph, our current average position is 15th?.....now count the weeks where we have been 15th or lower, 9?.....then weeks higher 7?......15th sounds about right due to our terrible start to the season.

Personally it´s the only chart that I ignore (we´re equal 7th is all I´m bothered about and getting better).....love the prediction chart of 70 points.
    To explain it a different way, even if we made it to first place (I wish!), the black "average" line would still show us as an average of 9th or 10th.......the only time the average line is higher is when we are free-falling downwards towards the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    How can our average be constantly lower than our league position ?? We have been well above the red line for a long time.
    Its a moving average automatrically generated by the data (positions) input. For example you could play 46 games and finish 5th but for most of the season you may have been lower mid table but then you win 10 games on the trot to finish in that 5th place. Your average would still be much lower than 5th place because thats where you spent most of the season. After 3 games we were 23rd, the average line shows the progress we are making to rectify that. In other words our average position has increased by 8 positions since then.

To explain it a different way, even if we made it to first place (I wish!), the black "average" line would still show us as an average of 9th or 10th.......the only time the average line is higher is when we are free-falling downwards towards the bottom.
    Yes that's a good explanation Tarkers, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    1st is probably beyond reach and has been for some time
    Why is it beyond reach? We are only 8 points off the top. I'm not getting carried away but anything is possible at this stage in the season.

Preview Torquay:

The Gulls currently sit 6th in the form table and find themselves on a 3 match winning streak which includes two away wins scoring 4 goals in both games. Their last away defeat came at Chesterfield mid September.

Notts will have to keep a close eye on top scorer Jamie Reid who has netted 10 times already this season and is currently averaging a goal every 137 mins. His last goal was 66 minutes ago so potentially due another one at some point this afternoon.

Notts home form continues to be one of the best in the league (second only to Yeovil) with only one defeat in the TV game vs Barnet early in the season. Since then Notts have recorded 4 wins and 2 draws at The Lane, as well as keeping 4 clean sheets and scoring a total of 11 goals.

A quick scan online shows bookies making Notts favourites for the win, which if I’m honest makes me a little nervous!

Now 3rd in the overall form table for last 6 games.

Name:  formtablematch17.JPG
Views: 1963
Size:  81.0 KB

1st in the home form table after recording our 5th shutout at the Lane

Name:  formtablehome17.JPG
Views: 1977
Size:  77.4 KB

PPG up to just under 1.6 and within touching distance of the playoff target line of 75 points

Name:  points_needed_match17.JPG
Views: 1968
Size:  85.8 KB

Position by game looks nice as well . . .

Name:  positionmatch17.JPG
Views: 1972
Size:  69.7 KB

Apparently we've been to Sunderland and Liverpool, City and Juve, but now we go to Solihull, Solihull away?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Now 3rd in the overall form table for last 6 games.

Name:  formtablematch17.JPG
Views: 1963
Size:  81.0 KB

1st in the home form table after recording our 5th shutout at the Lane

Name:  formtablehome17.JPG
Views: 1977
Size:  77.4 KB

PPG up to just under 1.6 and within touching distance of the playoff target line of 75 points

Name:  points_needed_match17.JPG
Views: 1968
Size:  85.8 KB

Position by game looks nice as well . . .

Name:  positionmatch17.JPG
Views: 1972
Size:  69.7 KB

Apparently we've been to Sunderland and Liverpool, City and Juve, but now we go to Solihull, Solihull away?
    Getting exciting!....you do know that if you get us over "the line" this year and off to Wembley, you are going to have to do this every year.......well done, keep up the good work.

Dear Mr Ardley

I was wrong ,what do i know about football? ,keep up the good work!

Bridpie78

Getting exciting!....you do know that if you get us over "the line" this year and off to Wembley, you are going to have to do this every year.......well done, keep up the good work.
    Thanks, if that’s what it takes then I’m all in!

Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast