+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 103 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: 📈Form Table Thread

Barrow Preview:

The last time Notts played Barrow in a competitive match was in December 1970. We have played the 'Bluebirds' (formerly The Ziggers??) a total of 12 times, twice in the FA Cup in 1948 and 1958 respectively and then ten times in the league between 1959 and 1970.

Our record against Barrow is P6 | W5 | D1 | L6 although the last 3 meetings were all victories for Notts.

Barrow have had a very good first half of the season and currently sit niceley in 4th place just two points off the leaders Bromley and 3 points above Notts. A win for Notts would see us leapfrog Barrow in the league due to our slightly superior goal difference.

Barrow have been in impressive form which sees them sat joint top of the last 6 form table with Torquay who are the only team to take points off Barrow in the last 6 league games haveing beaten them 4-2 away from home.

Notts are currently 6th place in the last six form table.

It is worth noting that Barrow also lost to Sullihul Moors 1-0 in the FA cup before the defeat to Torquay.

Bookies apper to have Notts slight favourites with Oddschecker showing Notts win 6/5 | Draw 33/13 | Barrow 12/5.

With rain set to continue into the weekend there has to be some question over whether the game will be postponed.

Ok, here's the obligatory update then I'm going to lose myself in a very big bottle of brandy!

Key stats:
    Name:  matchstats21.JPG
Views: 1043
Size:  37.4 KB

Form table:
    Name:  formtablematch21.JPG
Views: 906
Size:  78.8 KB

Points needed:
    Name:  points_needed_match21.JPG
Views: 992
Size:  92.3 KB

Position by match:
    Name:  positionmatch21.JPG
Views: 997
Size:  75.6 KB

All in all a very bad day at the office, next up Aldershot away.

Bit late this week due to work commitments . . . that's assuming anyone is still interested.

Well it appears we have hit a dip in form over the last few weeks, which is in stark contrast to the upturn we had seen prior to this.

Now down to 16th in the last 6 form table with W2, D1, L3.
    Name:  formtablematch22.JPG
Views: 929
Size:  91.6 KB

We are now averaging 1.41 PPG which if maintained would leave us just over 10 points shy of the 75 point target set for 7th place. Woking, who are currently in 7th place are averaging 1.66 PPG and would finish on just over 76 points . . . gulp!
    Name:  points_needed_match22.JPG
Views: 902
Size:  91.3 KB

Down to 11th in the table. Our average position for the season has levelled off at about 13th place.
    Name:  positionmatch22.JPG
Views: 891
Size:  74.6 KB

Key stats for yesterdays match.
    Name:  matchstats22.JPG
Views: 889
Size:  42.0 KB
    Last edited by ncfcog; 24-11-2019 at 01:37 PM. Reason: there's only one 'k' in weeks!

Good and interesting work as ever ncfcog. Enjoy the brandy!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Good and interesting work as ever ncfcog. Enjoy the brandy!
    Thanks mate. Just wish I had more time to be a bit more creative with it! (the stats, not the brandy haha!).

I noticed that we've played five of the current bottom 12 clubs away from home and managed just two draws from those 5 games, we haven't beaten any current bottom half side on the road. A measly 2 points out of a possible 15 away to the rubbish teams.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I noticed that we've played five of the current bottom 12 clubs away from home and managed just two draws from those 5 games, we haven't beaten any current bottom half side on the road. A measly 2 points out of a possible 15 away to the rubbish teams.
    That’s an interesting observation UTM. If we had managed just one win on top of those two draws the table would look a little healthier right now. Not winning a game away against arguably the worst teams in the NL really isn’t a great stat!

Thanks for compiling these stats, ncfcog, very interesting. A few points leap out based on the past month...

Dominating possession means nothing if you just pass sideways for the sake of retaining possession and then do nothing constructive at the end of it. It used to be seen as a sign that a side was playing well if they had a lot of possession, but that's been debunked in recent years - especially as possession simply means the number of times you've completed passes.

After the actual score, I'd imagine that the most important stat is "dangerous attacks" - and we are frequently second best in most games (ironically, the only one where we weren't is Chesterfield - although we rarely looked like scoring, Chesterfield were even more feeble, despite winning).

Look at yesterday against Aldershot: We had more possession, more attacks and more shots on target, but Aldershot had more dangerous attacks (42 to our 38). Then look at Barrow: We had 117 attacks, which sounds a lot, but only 44 of them were defined as dangerous - in other words, over 60% of our attacks presented no danger to the opposition. Barrow, by contrast, had 16 less attacks than us (101), but 8 more dangerous attacks (52) - so, basically, every other attack they had was defined as dangerous. (Anyone know what that actually means?)

We know Neal Ardley likes a stat, and we know the owners love a stat. I'd love to know their thoughts on all of this.

Was spitting feathers yesterday as had to work down in London which meant I wasn't able to make use of my ST and didn't actually get home until about 10pm. That said I managed to listen to it in the car on the way home and I think I may have dodged a bullet!

I think for the first time this season I have had to copy and paste the full form table in order to display Notts! Down to 22nd with only one win in the last six.

Name:  formtablematch23.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  86.0 KB

Amazingly, despit the draw last night and what might seem like two points dropped due to the late penalty we actually climbed a couple of places in the league but remain 5 points off the play off places. Worth noting that we are also one of 5 teams on 32 points.

Name:  positionmatch23.JPG
Views: 685
Size:  76.0 KB

Points needed is looking a bit dodgy again. At our current PPG we would finish on 64 points, 11 points shy of our target 75 points although 7th place is currently predicted at 74 points.

Name:  points_needed_match23.JPG
Views: 671
Size:  92.6 KB

Key stats from last nights game:

Name:  matchstats23.JPG
Views: 702
Size:  39.1 KB

I need to double check the stats I have as it would imply we didn't have a single corner all game, can anyone who was there confirm that?

Next up, Northampton away in the FA Cup . . . enjoy!

One thing's for sure we have 4 corners every game we play

Page 14 of 103 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast