+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup 1st qualifying round

A good 2-0 win for a weakened Stour.

Onwards and upwards then Mick and a few bob in the kitty.

Gloucester managed to crash out 5-0 to a lower ranked team: Kidlington. Cinderford lost 4-0, Cirencester managed a 2-2 draw. In the league Forest Green Rovers lost at home to the bottom club. Only Cheltenham were winners and find themselves 3rd in the league.
    More local to me Tuffley Rovers got a draw in the Hellenic league at Ardley.
    Not very good at football down this way!

Very good result yesterday Mick and in the hat for the draw tomorrow night. Hope you get a top Div 1 team to boost the coffers.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Very good result yesterday Mick and in the hat for the draw tomorrow night. Hope you get a top Div 1 team to boost the coffers.
    Hi Tip,

Disappointing given we took a late lead.

Horrible trip for them to our place on Monday night though as it’ll take them 4 1-2 to 5 hours to get to us with I suspect,very few away fans to cheer them on.

We took 150-200 to Whitby although I didn’t go myself.

I’m hoping we get 1000+ tomorrow night,our average league gate is around 840 this season anyway.

If we get through I’d like to be drawn away at Sunderland as that would be the biggest gate possible in the next round.

I’d also take an away draw at my home town of Harrogate as I’ve never seen Harrogate play and it’d be a chance to go “home” to visit albeit I’m not keen about some of our travelling lot being associated with me in the place of my birth 😆

No doubt we’ll lose to Whitby or win and get a terrible draw away at a strong team at our own level!

Great result tonight Mick and a home draw now. Onwards and upwards. Two more wins are you are in the hat with the Baggies.

Great result tonight Mick and a home draw now. Onwards and upwards. Two more wins are you are in the hat with the Baggies.
    We were rubbish tonight Tip.

0-2 down in the first half and our keeper saved a pen as well.

We kept battling but all the goals were scruffy.

I think the pre match draw for the next round took some of the oomph out of the game.

A match at home against Welling or Eastleigh is a terrible draw......we lost 0-1 in the FA Cup at home to Eastleigh in the second round three years ago and they are dour and don’t bring many fans.

To be hoping for Sunderland,Portsmouth or Bolton and get this draw was a real bummer.

Highlights of our match last night.

Nearly 1100 there at our atmospheric little ground.

https://youtu.be/cgKqbRwqVr8

Good luck today Mick. Eastleigh will be a hard nut to crack but this is the FA Cup and anything could happen. Would be nice to get a win and then a top league club at home. Dulwich did this last night and put £75k in the kitty from TV rights. Our noisy neighbours from over the hill are getting the same amount from TV for their game against Southend on Sunday which makes me puke!

Good luck today Mick. Eastleigh will be a hard nut to crack but this is the FA Cup and anything could happen. Would be nice to get a win and then a top league club at home. Dulwich did this last night and put £75k in the kitty from TV rights. Our noisy neighbours from over the hill are getting the same amount from TV for their game against Southend on Sunday which makes me puke!
    Cheers Tip but I’m expecting to lose by a few today,possibly 3 or 4.

We don’t have a proper goal scorer up front and rely on wide players and even our defenders to get more than their fair share.

They have a very prolific striker calked Scott Rendell who I expect to notch 2 or 3 today.

The weather here is rotten though so maybe that’ll assist us a bit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)