+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup 1st qualifying round

FA Cup 1st qualifying round

Bromsgrove v Stourbridge is my destination today.....should be around 2000 there for this local cracker.

Nuneaton v Tammuff is another great tie.

More of you should give non League a try on your “weekends off”.

I'm off to Whitstable this afternoon to watch my team Folkestone Invicta play in the first round. £4500 up for grabs today which would make such a difference to a small club like ours. Good luck today Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I'm off to Whitstable this afternoon to watch my team Folkestone Invicta play in the first round. £4500 up for grabs today which would make such a difference to a small club like ours. Good luck today Mick.
    Same to you Tip.

£1500 for the losers today as well as a share of a large gate at our game.

Went to see Stourbridge play Bromsgrove in the league a couple of weeks ago on bank holiday Monday.
    The crowd was around 1200 on a beautifully sunny day.
    A decent enough match with stourbridge coming back from going down 0-1 to winning 2-1.
    Bromsgrove forward (no.18) tried to get a penalty near the end of the match by continually throwing himself to the ground, some of the most blatant cheating I have ever seen, eventually the ref booked him.
    I always go to at least 1 FA cup match per season, ideally with the Albion but quite happy to watch Stourbrige or Halesoswen.
    Giving today a miss though, so hope both get through to futrue rounds.

Good wins for both teams today with a 1-0 win for you and a 4-0 win for us. A little bit more money in the coffers and a decent cup run still alive.

1200 at our match which was a tad disappointing but we deserved our win.

With gate share it should put around £7500 in our pot.

Unfortunately, Whitstable don't get big gates, they are more interested in their oysters and don't want to shell out for football.��

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    1200 at our match which was a tad disappointing but we deserved our win.

With gate share it should put around £7500 in our pot.

As much changed since the ground belonged to Bromsgrove Rovers? Remember going there in the 70's and it was a good little ground and used to live in Catshill just outside Bromsgrove - those were the days! Too many vilers in that town!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    As much changed since the ground belonged to Bromsgrove Rovers? Remember going there in the 70's and it was a good little ground and used to live in Catshill just outside Bromsgrove - those were the days! Too many vilers in that town!
    Much as you’d remember Al and still full of whinging Brummies!

Oh.....and don’t forget the Yelz beat Lichfield 7 - 1 today too. My great nephew scored a hat trick!

Looking forward to the draw.......Stourbridge odds on to be next!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)