+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Doncaster Rovers Post Match Thoughts

I moaned when I saw line up, Wood & Macdonald on at same time is a No
    Having calmed down to watch first half to which it was a tad frustrating but we played ok then Hastie puts us up 1-0

2nd half I thought we needed a sub straight away tbh but no Warney knows best and it was effing embarrassing imo

What the hell went through his mind?

Stop going backwards ffs

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I moaned when I saw line up, Wood & Macdonald on at same time is a No
    Having calmed down to watch first half to which it was a tad frustrating but we played ok then Hastie puts us up 1-0

2nd half I thought we needed a sub straight away tbh but no Warney knows best and it was effing embarrassing imo

What the hell went through his mind?

Stop going backwards ffs
    We need a young Coppinger he bossed the game the last half our.We drop way too deep & give the bloody ball away so cheap & that just creates pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    We need a young Coppinger he bossed the game the last half our.We drop way too deep & give the bloody ball away so cheap & that just creates pressure.
    We have young Ben Wiles, who was really good in patches. Unfortunately, he is too fresh to boss games and he will go missing in parts but he has been our best midfielder so far which is both encouraging and disheartening! Like the look of Lindsey. Wiles, Lindsey, Ogbene & Hastie could be fearsome on their day. We have the quality in there, now we just have to make it click.

I think we are retaining the ball a bit better then last season but there is still room for improvement. I'm a bit more worried off the ball. We don't win the ball back as well as we did last time in this division, with Towell and Vaulks, who used to get the ball back of the opposition as soon as we lost it. Smallwood and Frecklington also did a better job of that then the current crop.

I was purring at half time. 433 but with a bit of width giving Ladapo a bit of room. Good crosses going in and generally in control. First 20 minutes of second half we were running them ragged and ought to have made them pay then. Moore made 2 changes and we didn't react, other than sitting back and letting them come onto us, and we know what happens when we do that. To be fair they controlled the last 30 minutes, but is that because we let them or is it as someone said in another post are we not as fit as our"fitness" coach seems to think we are. When we needed to step it up what did our manager do take our best player off and put a full back on. Yes Hastie may have been knacked but it was still a very negative move.
    Price, although I'm not a fan, did well and wasn't at fault for anything.
    We need Robertson in his best position and Mattock back at full back. Woody didn't do too much wrong apart from silly booking but still needs to be on the bench for me.
    Midfield looked good for first hour and Lindsey needs to keep starting shirt, but maybe young Ben needs a rest. Freddie still has to prove he can be the goal scorer we need but young Hastie looks the real deal and a great acquisition. So another game gone another loss, but for me this one sits on the shoulders of the manager and his lack of tactical nous.

Best 2 attacking players taken off when we were dominating, 1 off for a defender. Manager has bottled it once again trying to defend a 1 goal lead he never ever learned. Warne out!

Will we be another Chesterfield?

Well another poor performance today at Donny - one solitary shot on target and overran in the second half .If we continue to play this way we will be in the bottom league next season.This manager has had more money to spend than any other in the clubs history and his team are at best poor.His team selection today was absolute sh*te.Mattock should have played and Robertson replace Wood.Our midfield is so lightweight its easy to see why we concede so many goals.Im concerned that whilst not scoring we are conceding too often and that will place us the bottom league if we continue.Warneys tactics have been piss poor since he took the job and IMO he should be told in no uncertain terms that this is not good enough and if no improvement is seen he's on his way .Its OK having a "lovey dovey" approach off the pitch but there need to be consequences for peformances like we have seen so far this season.

We were cruising for an hour, Donny looked very poor, but then they made changes and all of a sudden we were struggling.
    We made changes and we got worse, not sure why Mattock went in midfield.
    Still can't believe we lost that after the first hour performance.

Highlights.

Carnt believe ****ers on here calling for the manager's head. How many league games have we played?. Give the samaritans a ring.

Echo comments on here
    We were chalk and cheese comparing 1st half and 2nd half performances.

Defended too deep but how much space did we still give them, or did they create.

Ladapo please try the simple moves now and again not everything has to be complicated

Positives ?
    The Pie's were not burnt to a crisp and Pints were pre pulled

MOM - Price

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast