+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two away goals...

Two away goals...

Great stuff. Sadly three against. 'Mon the South!

Simply pish and not good enough.

Didn't think we would win. They beat Falkirk so must have a bit about them.

Seasons turning into a disaster and it's hardly begun.

Who to blame..???

Totally unacceptable today. What a shower of absolute imposters. In addition how Johnston and Clark can watch us being over run in the second half and yet change nothing until we were behind is just piss poor.
    Do any of those who were so certain we wouldn't miss Lyndon Dykes still feel the same.
    Last edited by Dobmeister; 07-09-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Totally unacceptable today. What a shower of absolute imposters. In addition how Johnston and Clark can watch us being over run in the second half and yet change nothing until we were behind is just piss poor.
    Do any of those who were so certain we wouldn't miss Lyndon Dykes still feel the same.
    Yes we do miss Dykes but i feel that Mikey Doyle is a greater loss to the team with his undoubted enthusiasm and drive which we are currently sorely lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Yes we do miss Dykes but i feel that Mikey Doyle is a greater loss to the team with his undoubted enthusiasm and drive which we are currently sorely lacking.
    Only a few weeks of the season gone and Queens are wavering already to be honest - huge improvement needed !

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post

i still reject lyndon dykes he was absolute garbage for queens just rumbled about ,hardly scored goals and always had the look of a man wantiung bigger things ,glad to see the back of him ,and what proves my point is look at him now scoring goals for fun in a higher league ,if that doesnt tell you a picture of him i dont know how your brain works it tells me he used queens and was utter vomit compared to how he is now .

Have to disagree with you Francis, Dykes' work-rate and commitment last season can't be faulted imo, he did a lot of the running and hard graft and bullying opponents that set up Dobbie a few goals, not that I'm saying Dobbie was solely dependent on him. Granted he didn't score many but he wasn't being played as an out and out striker, the fact he scored a few in the play-offs when he was more front and centre can't be ignored. He's grabbed a few for Livingston already this season because he's being deployed more as a striker than wide target man, Gary Holt must have seen something in him to sign him for Livingston. As for him looking to move on to bigger things, any young player who sees playing for Queens as their highest target obviously lacks serious ambition. Take the likes of Connor Murray, do you think he'll be happy just to be playing well so he can settle at Queens for his career?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i still reject lyndon dykes he was absolute garbage for queens just rumbled about ,hardly scored goals and always had the look of a man wantiung bigger things ,glad to see the back of him ,and what proves my point is look at him now scoring goals for fun in a higher league ,if that doesnt tell you a picture of him i dont know how your brain works it tells me he used queens and was utter vomit compared to how he is now .
    All about opinion I guess but I can't agree with your assessment of Dykes. Even when he signed for Livvy in January he specifically wanted to come back on loan to help our club. His work rate IMHO was excellent. I'm pleased to see him doing well at a higher level. Good luck to the guy.

I think with Dykes being played out wide for the majority of his time at Queens under Naysmith didn't help matters. There is no question of his work rate and when he was loaned back to Queens to me he was just going thru the motions as it were.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)