+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T A Grand Week On The English Riviera

O/T A Grand Week On The English Riviera

Cracking the flags all but two days and a marvelous week was had , fine hotel , good food and many daytime pints sunk in perfect sunshine at the harbour side .

Some nice trips out to Dartmouth , Sidmouth , Plymouth and Exeter completed a perfect break .

Nice to see the country strong and stable and at total peace with itself and Stendel is still our HC on my return this afternoon .

Luvly jubly !!!

Cushti ,, glad you both edda good time , atha brarn ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Cushti ,, glad you both edda good time , atha brarn ?
    I could do a Moeen Ali minus the beard , talking of which JLO was in need of some retail therapy on Thursday and I had the unfortunate experience of watching the cheat despatch the England bowling to all parts of Old Trafford , the good thing was the bar was full and the beer relatively cheap by Torquay standards , only £4.10 a pop !!! .

By mid afternoon I'd had enough of the tw@t and made for the harbour , sunshine and people watching at @ 4.90 a pint ........ for Carlsberg !!

Did tha see Mr Fawlty and Manuel on thi travels mate

Basil on seeing Manuel's 'hamster'-
    " it's a rat! You have rats in Spain don't you or did Franco have em all shot!"

Manuel- "Mr fawlty is hamster. I say to man in shop, I think is rat. Man in shop say no, is not rat, is spetial filigree Siberian hamster, only one in shop make spetial offer only 5 pounds"

Basil- "Manuel you have heard of the bubonic plague, it was pretty big over here! A lot of Siberian hamsters came over here on ships"

Glad you had a good break mate & that you resisted the temptation to go by private jet

Did tha see Cavare darn theear in the South West ?

Glad thaz edda good brek.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 08-09-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Talking to a couple of Hartlepool fans in the bar on sunday night who'd come down on a friday to monday gig for their game at Torquay the previous day , they won 2-1 with a late winner .

We instantly connected with Craig Hignett as their manager who they seem to rate and were very complimentary about us and hoped we beat Boro when we meet , some hope I thought .

They'd settle to be financially secure and back in league two which kind of puts our present standing in perspective I thought .

The owners ev set the agenda that "success" is a good bank balance at the end of each year.

Football--who cares ? Let's be happy if the new recruits this "best transfer window in our history" bring in a profit in two years.