+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never gonna happen

Never gonna happen

As long as we have beradi anywhere near this first team, and bamford up front we are never ever ever gonna make the premier League. We may have beat West brom midweek but they are streets ahead of us, stronger all over and powerful in attack. Week in week out its the same old drivel coming from the media, bielsa, and opposing managers..."best team in the league"..."we had to up our game"...."they will be there at the end"....."bamford will come good"....."beradi was unlucky"........well let me tell you....we are not the best team in the league, bamford won't come good, beradi is not unlucky (8 sending offs is not down to luck)....and we won't be there at the end, I'm sick of this crap every other game, win a game, draw a game lose a game, no consistency, getting to the point now where I'm getting to accept I'll never see Leeds in the premier League again in my lifetime (I'm 55)....today really jarred me off as you can tell.

Berardi - regardless if he did foul the player / player dived, or it was just a 50/50 ball, someone of his experience should have known / done better, opposition teams know of his " weaknesses ", & play to exploit that to the max.
    Its happened before, & sadly will happen again, - all very costly.

Clear as day penalty, tugged his shirt and tripped him for good measure

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Berardi - regardless if he did foul the player / player dived, or it was just a 50/50 ball, someone of his experience should have known / done better, opposition teams know of his " weaknesses ", & play to exploit that to the max.
    Its happened before, & sadly will happen again, - all very costly.
    Very poor from Berardi bathlad..he let him pass by him and he was always going to go down..even a f@rt would have done the trick.
    Truth is we don't seem to learn..last seasons mistakes this seasons mistakes..frustrating part is Millwall are a very poor side.

It just illustrates how much we miss Cooper; although I seem to recall a fair amount of whinging about him over the past couple of seasons too. Beradi may have been "unlucky" today but he has been unlucky too many times for it to be a coincidence and now that will always be in a referee's mind whenever he makes a questionable challenge.

Perhaps we try Ayling at Centre Back or drop Phillips further back - both of which we have tried before? I am a little disappointed that we let Halme go as he appeared to have potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Very poor from Berardi bathlad..he let him pass by him and he was always going to go down..even a f@rt would have done the trick.
    Truth is we don't seem to learn..last seasons mistakes this seasons mistakes..frustrating part is Millwall are a very poor side.
    Read Bielsa's comments after the game, and haven't said a word against him since he's come as he's turned water into wine mostly, but the constant selection of Harrison, the replacement of a half-decent keeper with Casilla, the constant problems with injuries, the apparent tiredness in games when we've only just arrived in October and the failure to buy anyone to score goals mean i have to wonder if he can take us over this particular line, or if we'll just have to accept watching lovely football for two years with no end product.

But every time we lose or draw he needs to stop saying 'we were the better team' and 'i find few logical reasons for it'.

There are logical reasons for it - we've all been saying them for weeks on here. He's paid two million quid a year to know what they are, and not to keep making the same decisions over and over again.

I love the guy, but heads and sand etc.

It was bull s*** call from the ref, Berardi made no contact and the player dived. It was never, ever a red card.

Lots of valid points being made about team selections & tactics and we are all a bit negative because we lost. However if the ref had called that decision correctly, we would have rolled them over today.

We also have to take into account that Berardi is not match sharp as he has had no game time and did get done on this occasion by the Millwall player. It happens to every defender at some point.

I am not a Berardi fan by any means, (quite the opposite) but the ref got it wrong today, completely wrong imo and that poor decision lost us this match.

So when some suggest there is a bias against us, there might actually be something in it.

Not sure its bias, just incompetence from Refs who can't handle the big occasions. Millwall v Leeds is always going to be a tasty match.

I hope their player gets charged for simulation.

Should do, but I doubt it

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)