+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grimsby away.

Grimsby away.

Excellent performance from the lads today. Well worth the win. A very rare warm and sunny day at Blundell Park saw the Alex boss the opening exchanges where the first fif**** minutes must have seen us have a minimum 80% possession.
    The penalty for Grimsby, though obvious was against the run of play and was well saved by Trigger. Once again only one team playing football with Grimsby going the aerial route to centre forward Hanson with their attacks. An even game during mid first half with Crewe on top at the end of the half to keep the home crowd quiet.
    Brilliant start to the second half with Tommy Lowery taking a one two and dancing through the defence to slot delightfully past the keeper. We could have had five goals with Powell having an effort blocked by the keeper and one hacked off the line and Chuma had a lucky break in a challenge with the keeper on the edge of the area but he couldn't beat the covering defender. Kirk however slotted home well after gliding past the keeper as we attacked on the break in the first minute of time added to seal the points.
    Cracking win and according to some will have nothing to do with Dave as the players will have ignored any preparations through the week and just done their own thing to get the win...

Several managers have now praised the Alex as footballing side. The signs are looking good. Will we get any extra home support during these exciting times?

Quote Originally Posted by Topkeeper View Post
    Excellent performance from the lads today. Well worth the win. A very rare warm and sunny day at Blundell Park saw the Alex boss the opening exchanges where the first fif**** minutes must have seen us have a minimum 80% possession.
    The penalty for Grimsby, though obvious was against the run of play and was well saved by Trigger. Once again only one team playing football with Grimsby going the aerial route to centre forward Hanson with their attacks. An even game during mid first half with Crewe on top at the end of the half to keep the home crowd quiet.
    Brilliant start to the second half with Tommy Lowery taking a one two and dancing through the defence to slot delightfully past the keeper. We could have had five goals with Powell having an effort blocked by the keeper and one hacked off the line and Chuma had a lucky break in a challenge with the keeper on the edge of the area but he couldn't beat the covering defender. Kirk however slotted home well after gliding past the keeper as we attacked on the break in the first minute of time added to seal the points.
    Cracking win and according to some will have nothing to do with Dave as the players will have ignored any preparations through the week and just done their own thing to get the win...
    Good performance, I had this down as a score draw so to come away with a clean sheet against them is great even if they were a bit toothless. Powell is so unlucky not to have scored yet. Don't get me wrong sometimes his finishing leaves a lot to be desired but it was a good save from one and an even better block on the line from the other. Hopefully he'll get a hattrick next week! Superstar Tom Lowery (ahem...see Burton thread!) at it again, excellent movement and technique and he doesn't shirk his defensive responsibilities despite his size, in fact the stats say he completes more tackles per game than Green. I think the way some of our academy players have come on leaps and bounds (Pickering, Kirk, Wintle, Lowery, Dale etc) is testament to Dave's hard work in instilling confidence and a winning mentality into them. We know they have ability thats the easy bit...the mental side makes or breaks an aspiring pro footballer. Yeah that last statement, I think its sad if some fans are still thinking like that. Don't get me wrong there were times early in the Artell reign that I thought he's a lovely bloke but not cut out for this but it has been a big learning curve for him and Kenny but we're seeing the benefits of patience and hard work now. Dave and Kenny are the dream team and I seriously think that they and this team will deliver promotion this season. 'Mon the Alex!

We must be doing well, the moaners have disappeared

Dave could take us on a journey over the years that could end in winning the quadruple, Premier League title, Champions League etc, but lose the opening three games of the following season and it wouldn't be long before "told you he was cr*p!", "way out of his depth!" comments appeared.

Don't under estimate King Kenny in all that is going on at the moment!

From the commentary sounded like an excellent team display. A continuation from Tuesday night second half effor Surprised the management stayed with it. I mean it has been obvious for a while that was what was needed.. Yhe first goal from Lowery aounded a good one. Pleased for the player, .

Man of the match was without doubt Perry Ng. With the poor support he has had this season he was not the same player. Now with the support from Wintle he can revert to his natural game. For me as usual Wintle was our best midfielder by a long way. Always there, and always giving his best for the whole 90 minites..

One player that does concern me is Powell. He seems to start off with a flourish and then disappears after 15 minutes and ceases to feature for the rest of the game. Feel that our management should have subbed him on the hour mark, and given Dale 30 minutes. Early days yet but feel that Dale looks an excellent prospect. A strong player who is capable of making things happen, and create confusion for league2 defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    Don't under estimate King Kenny in all that is going on at the moment!
    Hear hear! He's taken Wintle and Lowery under his wing and it shows

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    From the commentary sounded like an excellent team display. A continuation from Tuesday night second half effor Surprised the management stayed with it. I mean it has been obvious for a while that was what was needed.. Yhe first goal from Lowery aounded a good one. Pleased for the player, .

Man of the match was without doubt Perry Ng. With the poor support he has had this season he was not the same player. Now with the support from Wintle he can revert to his natural game. For me as usual Wintle was our best midfielder by a long way. Always there, and always giving his best for the whole 90 minites..

One player that does concern me is Powell. He seems to start off with a flourish and then disappears after 15 minutes and ceases to feature for the rest of the game. Feel that our management should have subbed him on the hour mark, and given Dale 30 minutes. Early days yet but feel that Dale looks an excellent prospect. A strong player who is capable of making things happen, and create confusion for league2 defenders.
    Yeah Pez had a cracker of a game he was everywhere and particularly enjoyed watching him skin players all over the show with flicks and nutmegs. The lads got some skills!

If our good form continues until Christmas we should be sat fingers crossed during the transfer window. From "none of these players are good enough to attract a buyer!" to having Ng, Lowery and Wintle all in the frame. If Kirk, Pixie and Dale keep progressing then they'll be up for grabs too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast