+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: PM Johnson in name....

Quote Originally Posted by Lindenbaggie View Post
    People shouldn't fall for this mock outrage from the left. At Council and Trade Union level, they invariably resort to personal abuse when losing the debate.
    Correct Linden.

The unions have always been a nasty bunch of bullies.

Those thugs in Momentum are a disgrace as well.

As bad as Tommy Robinson and the EFL lot.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    The village idiot is back!! Pulis had to go, but we could defend and sadly he was replaced by two complete numpties!

In terms of Boris - he’s shown more balls so far than anyone since Thatcher but hampered by biased and pathetic W ankers!

Now do one you halfwit!
    Couldn't DISagree with you more, Al (as you creepily say). Balls is not all this country wants.......but a brain might help.
    Thatcher might have been blessed with a fine pair of balls, but all but the far-Right think she should have been strangled at birth.
    As for Pulis, you've creepily changed your mind - as you will with Johnson when he's officially announced as the worst PM in our history. Then you might ditch him (as you're trying to do with Pulis). Just admit you don't know what you're on about.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    Couldn't DISagree with you more, Al (as you creepily say). Balls is not all this country wants.......but a brain might help.
    Thatcher might have been blessed with a fine pair of balls, but all but the far-Right think she should have been strangled at birth.
    As for Pulis, you've creepily changed your mind - as you will with Johnson when he's officially announced as the worst PM in our history. Then you might ditch him (as you're trying to do with Pulis). Just admit you don't know what you're on about.
    talksaft you really live up to your moniker,Boris Johnson is way behind a number of worst prime ministerers,Blair,brown,major,Cameron,foot,may,lis t is endless.

Margaret Thatcher was the greatest PM of my time imo. She has been voted as such by Radio 4 listeners, Times correspondents, Newsnight viewers and a poll of academics.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Margaret Thatcher was the greatest PM of my time imo. She has been voted as such by Radio 4 listeners, Times correspondents, Newsnight viewers and a poll of academics.
    I agree with you on this 923.

If you’d asked the 18 year old me the same question in 79 and for a few years after I’d have strongly rejected this notion.

It was only once I’d become a family man and a home owner and then later as a business owner I came to realise what a colossus she had been.

I don’t think her voice did get any favours,if she’d been a bit more common she wouldn’t have wound so many people up.

Would’ve served her better to speak like Hilda Ogden!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I agree with you on this 923.

If you’d asked the 18 year old me the same question in 79 and for a few years after I’d have strongly rejected this notion.

It was only once I’d become a family man and a home owner and then later as a business owner I came to realise what a colossus she had been.

I don’t think her voice did get any favours,if she’d been a bit more common she wouldn’t have wound so many people up.

Would’ve served her better to speak like Hilda Ogden!
    As PMs go she was actually very 'common'

I voted Labour until 83. Then like you I did the family, house owner and later business owner bit and saw the light. I didn't by any means agree with all she did but the positives far outweighed the negatives. We were known in the 70's as 'The Sick Man of Europe' and she almost single handidly changed that. Yes our Greatest PM in my time in my opinion (I'd have Blair second.) Not much of a list is it?
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 27-09-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Just read this on twitta

"Boris can dodge the #SurrenderBill by using an Order of the Council, which bypasses both Parliament and Her Majesty.

This would give them the ability to suspend the #SurrenderBill until after Oct 31st.

We will be leaving the European Union on Oct 31st"

You obviously don't remember life before Thatcher then I can only assume? 3 day week, power cuts galore, strikes galore, couldn't bury the dead, rubbish piled high on the streets, couldn't get a train as they were also on strike. Johnson might be guilty of a few things but he didn't lie to Parliament to get us in to an illegal war we had no business getting involved in that no doubt cost thousands of lives. Neither like Major did he cost us £ Billion in just over a week by getting us in to the ERM or sign The Maastricht Treaty without consultation. Johnson's a long way off the top of the list in my book and Thatcher would be our best PM. You can take your pick from the list posted elsewhere of disasters of which there's quite a few.

I'm not far right and at the time I wasn't a great fan of Margaret Thatcher but boy, do we need her now. If she'd have been PM in 2016 we'd have been out by now with them paying us! Not only did she have guts but she wasn't stupid either. She broke the unions which is the best thing that happened to this country. If Corbyn, and God forbid, got in we'd be back to the dark ages with the unions crippling us. She will go down as one of the great PM's in modern history. Those who have succeeded her aren't fit to tie her shoe laces.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Just read this on twitta

"Boris can dodge the #SurrenderBill by using an Order of the Council, which bypasses both Parliament and Her Majesty.

This would give them the ability to suspend the #SurrenderBill until after Oct 31st.

We will be leaving the European Union on Oct 31st"
    I believe he has a number of options to get the UK out without a deal quite frankly.......

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)