+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any changes for the millwall game?

Very good points made and I for one would like to see the wing backs used more.
    I do echo aucks concern in regards to Cunningham,I am not sure he is a full back,however it's worth a go.
    We need to stop putting forwards on the wing as players like Bennett are getting pummeled by a lack of support.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    That does make a lot of sense, Champs, and TM clearly considered the idea last season.
    Nyambe, for me, would be well-suited to being a wing-back, as his relatively poor positional sense is what often caught him out at full-back.
    Your back three would pick itself, and it's hard to drop either Travis or Johnson, so - with the keeper - that's six accounted for.
    The other five are much more open to debate.
    I still can't choose between Gallagher and Graham for the No.9 spot. It's 50/50 to me - promise versus experience and toughness. Dack is very hard to leave out, which leaves the two wing-backs and A.N. Other!
    I don't know if Cunningham has much experience in that role, and you could also make a case for Downing, Bell and R-C on the left.
    On the right? Nyambe or Bennett or R-C again.
    That leaves the fifth spot in the five.
    At the moment, I would give Rothwell a go. It's now or never for him.
    As I said in the other post, though, in midfield and attack, the choice is quite bewildering!
    I still remain unconvinced by Rothwell. He scored those 2 goals last season (which i still maintain he will never ever repeat, or he wouldn't be down here unable to get into a mid-table Champ side) it created a problem. As it masked his huge deficiencies as a player. I simply do not rate the lad. He is not a good footballer. He flatters to decieve. He creates very little, offers no stability in the side, runs into blind alleys, and is prone to giving goals away. I will always go back to Leeds *(away) last season (and Charlton this season) where he waved a foot at the ball (on the edge of his own area) instead of having composure, and it gave them both a goal. I would much prefer to see Buckley and Rankin Costello play ahead of him. Another one that simply hasn't worked, and has fallen badly down the pecking order. There is a reason for this.

Millwall have been vocal about Dack tomorrow and how they need to stop him etc.
    I think if we box clever, we will beat them.
    I would confuse the hell out of them tomoz and do one of two things. Play Dack in midfield. They have a player who has worked all week on man marking him. Play him in mid. Drag his man marker so deep, it leaves us a big hole to exploit.
    Or, don't start him. Confuse them by not playing him from the start. Go with other forward players they aren't focusing on 100%. I'm not saying Dack gets dropped due to performance. Just this game with so much focus on him, maybe think outside the box. Bring him on after 60 mins instead, when the game is in full flow and gaps have started to appear. Don't do this every week, of course not. But change things up for this one.
    We have discussed the 3-5-1-1 above. Dack can play on that instead of Downing or Bennett. Alongside Johnson & Travis.

I don't think he will experiment tomorrow with the system however. I think he will go with 4-3-3 again.
    I don't think they made a huge effort that took a month or so, to get this kid from City and bench him when fit. He played at Fulham, and when fit, which he is, I expect he'll start. Not 100% where, but he will. My guess is RB.

They have a big forward line, very tall plsyers like Matt Smith. No good, but big!! We will need some height in this game to win those defensive headers. Tosin is a big lad, I think that's another reason he plays.

I'd play this tomoz. As he will likely go 4-4-3.

Gk - Walton.
    CB - Lenihan & Williams
    LB - Cunningham
    RB - Tosin
    CM - Johnson & Travis
    RM - Dack
    FWD - Gallager & Samuel
    RW - Armstrong

Interesting their obsessing over dack and I too would be tempted to bring him on later but could it be a bluff by millwall?
    My team would look a little like this

Gk walton
    Rb Bennett(c)
    CB tosin
    CB Williams
    Lb Cunningham
    Holding midfielders travis and Johnson
    Rm Chapman/Buckley/Rankin Costello
    Floating attacking mid dack
    Forward samuel

Bench
    Leutwiller
    Bell
    Nyambe
    Lenihan
    Buckley/Chapman/Rankin Costello
    Gallagher
    Graham

Edit
    Forgot to add downing on the left wing.
    I am sure millwall would love to play against 10 men though😂

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)