+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: maybe be Warne's big mistake is listening to the fans....

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    No you are right,I just find this lovey dovey thing of Warnes holding us back.
    I know what you mean Lol. I think Warney is his own worst enemy on this point.

I actually think his philosophy of signing players of decent character is sound. I really don't like that he bangs on about it all the time.

The media picked up on it and blew it out of proportion. I saw a Sky Sports News piece, about Warney, making out it was a revolutionary new concept. A couple of pundits on the programme made the point that the vast majority of managers have the same "no bad apples" philosophy in the modern game and actually sounded a bit miffed that PW appeared to be credited with inventing it.

I did use to blame the media for pushing this point at every opportunity but I do think PW 100% encourages it. I would be happy for him to continue in the same vein as long as he shuts up about it.

I think we could possibly do with a hardman or two in the team but, as I've already said, I don't think that rules out players who are decent blokes.
    Last edited by wrinkly; 09-09-2019 at 05:14 PM.

So what would you suggest? Have the players biting the heads off live chickens and hamsters as part of the pre-match warm-up routine?

No you are right,I just find this lovey dovey thing of Warnes holding us back.
    So do I

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    So what would you suggest? Have the players biting the heads off live chickens and hamsters as part of the pre-match warm-up routine?
    Beats Miller Bear and the Millerettes

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Paul Warne would want it to be a vegetarian option.

Maybe soft fruit

What's with the attitude pal,Millers fan for over sixty years & still going.I come on this site with an opinion that's what this site for OPINIONS I have not slagged iWarne off it's just how I saw it Saturday like it or not Warne got it wrong my opinion only.
    I didn't get why you were asking me to explain why he plays forwards out wide. I don't know why he does that. Its plain for all to see its not right. The way you constructed your post seemed to me like you thought I was a fan of the current tactics and formations? I'm not. I also sensed a bit of an attitude from you which is probably why I replied the way I did.
    The way I read your response , you feel that your age and all those decades supporting RUFC gives your opinion more validity.
    Maybe we've got our wires crossed or maybe it's just me. I don't know.
    I'm not here to make enemies or to argue for the sake of arguing so I apologise if I was a little cagey with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I didn't get why you were asking me to explain why he plays forwards out wide. I don't know why he does that. Its plain for all to see its not right. The way you constructed your post seemed to me like you thought I was a fan of the current tactics and formations? I'm not. I also sensed a bit of an attitude from you which is probably why I replied the way I did.
    The way I read your response , you feel that your age and all those decades supporting RUFC gives your opinion more validity.
    Maybe we've got our wires crossed or maybe it's just me. I don't know.
    I'm not here to make enemies or to argue for the sake of arguing so I apologise if I was a little cagey with you.
    No need for apologies mate probably the loss to Donny rattled a few of our cages.For 1hr at Donny only one side was going to win,that was us.I think only my opinion mind that their Manager got it right ours didn't.So now on to Bolton if we lose I think I just might stay well clear of this site.Have a good day pal no hard feeling from a old git.

Bloody difficult following the millers at times 😎
    I think the frustration lies because we all know we could be doing better compared to last year we generally gave it a good go.

It’s early yet keep the faith.

Yes if we lose against Bolton, avoiding social media altogether will probably be a very good idea!

If we had wanted a ball playing older head in midfield to replace WV we should have gone for Nicky Law. However I still need the ones we’ve got are good enough and we also have games in hand. It’s a long time until next May.
    Last edited by pip_y; 10-09-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast