+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disgraceful for a highly paid professional

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think it was a short gap solution to fill the Defour void. Shame we signed a pissed up apache instead of a serious professional footballer.
    When I saw the interview with him on Clarets TV he looked very strange-not genuinely enthused about coming to play for Burnley and that started my doubts.He did not say anything wrong-he just seemed disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I was initially quite impressed that we had signed DRINKwater and then when it was for just 6 months,then that he was not match fit and now this.It is becoming blatantly obvious this was another last minute signing to placate the sheep but in reality a total cock up.
    Yep That was it. We now have 2 Fecking Croks.....

Bt, Hang your head in shame after bigging this Chap up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    Yep That was it. We now have 2 Fecking Croks.....

Bt, Hang your head in shame after bigging this Chap up!!!
    An England international with an EPL winners medal did not sound much of a risk to me. But then again I'm in the "risk assessment" and "due diligence" sort of business and in all truth he would not have got past first base with me, unfortunately I don't work for Burnley FC.

If I did, Messrs Walters, Vydra, Wells, Hart and old Danny Boy would not have needed the services of Terrier Taxis!

On current form it suggests to me at least, that it might be Rigg who is out of his depth and not our Chairman.
    And who created the position of Technical Director, and who gave Mr Rigg the job ? It's a fecking omnishambles, our recruitment is now an even bigger farce than it's ever been. The buck stops at the top, Garlick needs to give his head one of your wobbles BT.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    And who created the position of Technical Director, and who gave Mr Rigg the job ? It's a fecking omnishambles, our recruitment is now an even bigger farce than it's ever been. The buck stops at the top, Garlick needs to give his head one of your wobbles BT.
    Dave Baldwin is coming out of this shambles virtually unscathed. Garlick pays him a fortune to do the day to day stuff, perhaps our focus should be put on the CEO?

Let's not go overboard on this one Alto? We are getting a lot right, but our recruitment is still bobbins and we need to get it sorted.

On current form it suggests to me at least, that it might be Rigg who is out of his depth and not our Chairman.
    “Let’s not go overboard on this one Alto ? “ Sometimes I wonder if you are right in the head BT.

We are always being told that it’s a difficult environment and we have to be careful with our money, yet as you say we spunk good money on ordinary players such as Walters, Lennon, Vydra, Wells, Hart, Crouch, had a lucky escape from relegation last season and like the transfer windows beforehand do nothing to strengthen the first team when we have money to do it.

We have been beaten for the 5th year running in cup competition’s by teams from lower leagues & this last cup embarrassment our 2nd squad could not beat a league one sides 2nd squad, and before you say Dyche is only interested in PL football, for me is the sound of spin as in reality the truth is we are bare bones with Dyche having to make do because of amateurish overseeing by the board.

Each year they come out with the same dialogue with slants, “We are evolving”, We are in transition” blah blah blah, they are a sham, I would admire them more if they fronted up and said We are out of our depth instead of feeding us piecemeal and complete bollox which they fully expect us to swallow, don’t they BT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    “Let’s not go overboard on this one Alto ? “ Sometimes I wonder if you are right in the head BT.

We are always being told that it’s a difficult environment and we have to be careful with our money, yet as you say we spunk good money on ordinary players such as Walters, Lennon, Vydra, Wells, Hart, Crouch, had a lucky escape from relegation last season and like the transfer windows beforehand do nothing to strengthen the first team when we have money to do it.

We have been beaten for the 5th year running in cup competition’s by teams from lower leagues & this last cup embarrassment our 2nd squad could not beat a league one sides 2nd squad, and before you say Dyche is only interested in PL football, for me is the sound of spin as in reality the truth is we are bare bones with Dyche having to make do because of amateurish overseeing by the board.

Each year they come out with the same dialogue with slants, “We are evolving”, We are in transition” blah blah blah, they are a sham, I would admire them more if they fronted up and said We are out of our depth instead of feeding us piecemeal and complete bollox which they fully expect us to swallow, don’t they BT ?
    I've said it a million times over the last five years Alto, our PR needs a lot of improvement. We as fans, really need to be better informed because IMHO there is no need whatsoever for a lack of transparency from Boardroom level. We are not a punnet of mushrooms, that needs to be kept in the dark and fed on bullsh-it.

Incidentally, have you been talking to the Child Bride? She like you, constantly wonders if I am right in the head.

Dave Baldwin is coming out of this shambles virtually unscathed. Garlick pays him a fortune to do the day to day stuff, perhaps our focus should be put on the CEO?
    And who appointed the CEO ? Mike loves to be photographed alongside Sean, basking in the reflected glory, look at us, what a good job we're doing, he can't have it both ways. He either runs this club or he doesn't, and as he does, he bears responsibilty for the omnishables that is our recruitment department.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    And who appointed the CEO ? Mike loves to be photographed alongside Sean, basking in the reflected glory, look at us, what a good job we're doing, he can't have it both ways. He either runs this club or he doesn't, and as he does, he bears responsibilty for the omnishables that is our recruitment department.
    With respect sinkov, the owners of big commercial enterprises don't actually get their hands dirty with the day to day operations. Whoever is at fault for our recruitment (or lack of) really do need to get their act together. On the other hand, they might truly believe they are doing a great job?

So no sending the lout back to Chelsea then with Dyche in the papers saying he's had a word with Drinkwater and is giving him another chance, the only thing I can conclude from this is that we have an option to sign him permanently when his loan expires, otherwise what is Dyche doing ? trying to put a Footballer on the right lines ? or trying to do best for BFC, If he goes back to Chelsea at the end of his loan it will not add up to me

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)