+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgraceful for a highly paid professional

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Well according to internet sources it looks we have been able to sign Drinkwater for a reason. According to the inernet he likes his ale or whatever he drinks and also likes to womanise. Not bothered about the womanising but that shows complete disrespect for the woman's boyfriend. It is the drinking that gets me. He is a highly paid professional and such behaviour is not acceptable, professionals do not go pub crawling if they want to show commitment to their profession. I realise that not drinking might be a difficult temptation but if this particular incident repeats itself or is a repeat then it is the reason why Chelsea got rid and we picked him up. If Danny reads this forum, which I very mush doubt, it is time to grow up or you will be a wshed up ex'footballer.
    Just get shut!!.....He Was never going to start anyway!!

Mr Garlic,...We now need 2 midfielders who are not on the Pop, Crocked ,or otherwise unavailable list , Can you and Mr Rigg sort this out please?
    For goodness sake, it has taken us 3/4 transfer windows to get one popped, and crocked Drinkwater....
    What is Rigg Actually doing?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    "Dr Dyche's hospital for Rickety Tumbledowns".
    Quote Originally Posted by frantastic51 View Post
    a cracker!!

he's submitted himself for treatment I see .

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    Just get shut!!.....He Was never going to start anyway!!

Mr Garlic,...We now need 2 midfielders who are not on the Pop, Crocked ,or otherwise unavailable list , Can you and Mr Rigg sort this out please?
    For goodness sake, it has taken us 3/4 transfer windows to get one popped, and crocked Drinkwater....
    What is Rigg Actually doing?
    What beggars belief is that we keep on hearing that the club will only bring in players:-
    1. That are hungry to prove themselves;
    2. That can add to the dressing room;
    3. That are keen to be part of the squad;
    4. That brings challenge to the position.

It all bol..ks isn't it?

The one and only thing that we look for is "very cheap".

It is obviously assumed by the club hierarchy that SD can turn anyone around so a player's past history can be overcome and doesn't matter at the time of purchase.

I have only one criteria for an incoming player and that it he is "fit for purpose".

We have had far too many transferred-in players that wouldn't make that benchmark.

Its no good buying cheap fruit if, when you take it home, its rotten.

Pointing to transfer success mitigates these other errors to some extent.

But when a club is constantly crying poverty you would think spending wisely is a must.

And we just don't cut the mustard in that area at all.

Drinkwater epitomises everything that's wrong with the EPL "Billy Big Bollox" culture. Drawing £100k a week, not fit to play and thinks it's a good idea to get rat arsed in Manchester, instead of knuckling down and doing his job.

I have a feeling he will get more than the hair dryer treatment at 10.00am this morning.

It's not just Danny who should be sent packing, the man responsible for this joke signing, Mr Rigg, should be booted down the road with him as well.

Hindsight is a wonderful gift, but it seems Danny was more interested n the West End nightlife than actually playing football for Chelsea.

If I had recruited Rigg I would now be scrutinising his daily activity sheet, because the Drinkwater signing was clearly yet another panic buy in a continuing catalogue of "not good enoughs"!

You'd think Malwayne that a 5 month loan for a player there would not be a lot to sort out.

On the plus side for Drinkwater he was in a team that won the PL. and that's where it ends.

On the negative side when we loaned him he had not played much in the last 2 years, which leaving out the nightclub fiasco, he was way off any fitness level, so the 5 month loan really turns into a 3 month loan, that is if he gets back to the player he was.

Now we are hearing that reports from Chelsea and media before we signed him that he likes to party and knock em back.

A last day signing that I was well unsatisfied with, Mike Rigg should be sent packing, his CV when he came here after Q P R, Fulham and Manchester City was below ordinary so why did Garlick think he was the man to improve our negotiating team ? Just like the amount of players we recruit for the first 11 and the quality of these are ordinary or well below, Garlick is acting like an amateur because that's what he is, Well out of his comfort zone, he obviously does not know which way to turn, he's like a rabbit in the headlights with only his spin to satisfy those who are gullible enough to swallow it.

Let's not go overboard on this one Alto? We are getting a lot right, but our recruitment is still bobbins and we need to get it sorted.

On current form it suggests to me at least, that it might be Rigg who is out of his depth and not our Chairman.

I was initially quite impressed that we had signed DRINKwater and then when it was for just 6 months,then that he was not match fit and now this.It is becoming blatantly obvious this was another last minute signing to placate the sheep but in reality a total cock up.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I was initially quite impressed that we had signed DRINKwater and then when it was for just 6 months,then that he was not match fit and now this.It is becoming blatantly obvious this was another last minute signing to placate the sheep but in reality a total cock up.
    I think it was a short gap solution to fill the Defour void. Shame we signed a pissed up apache instead of a serious professional footballer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)