+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgraceful for a highly paid professional

Disgraceful for a highly paid professional

Well according to internet sources it looks we have been able to sign Drinkwater for a reason. According to the inernet he likes his ale or whatever he drinks and also likes to womanise. Not bothered about the womanising but that shows complete disrespect for the woman's boyfriend. It is the drinking that gets me. He is a highly paid professional and such behaviour is not acceptable, professionals do not go pub crawling if they want to show commitment to their profession. I realise that not drinking might be a difficult temptation but if this particular incident repeats itself or is a repeat then it is the reason why Chelsea got rid and we picked him up. If Danny reads this forum, which I very mush doubt, it is time to grow up or you will be a wshed up ex'footballer.

Just read an article on the incident, it said he was drunk and kept chatting up a fellow professionals partner after time and time again being told to stop, but Drinkwater does not remember much about the beating or chatting.

Whatever the truth is he was not fit enough when we loaned and will not be fit enough when recovering from this beating, send him back BFC and put your hand up to another terrible mistake.

2 strange quotes:

“He knows he has let himself down big time. He was extremely drunk and to be honest doesn’t remember much of the incident.

But another source said “he is adamant he was just as much a victim in all of this.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...5ac0c0979cfb38

Professional athletes putting alcohol into their bodies is akin to putting diesel into a F1 car. Loan over - send him back. No sympathy, no excuses, bye.

Who didn't do their homework on this one then? I read a twitter thread a little while ago from a Chelsea fan who alluded to Drinkwater's penchant for a drink. If it was common knowledge than why did we bring him in and more importantly we deserve a refund on what we've spent so far on loan fees. It's laughable that the only player we managed to bring in by the transfer deadline a) wasn't up to the required fitness level and b) is now sidelined for at least a month, more like 2 (I've had torn ankle ligaments) because he can't control his drinking. So out of a six month loan we'll be lucky to get three out of him.
    The boy needs help. We need a mid-fielder and a new recruitment team.

It’s my belief that both the club and more importantly SD knew all about his background before we signed him on loan. I was delighted to hear that he had signed for us at the time and looked forward to him having a big influence on our season. As usual, we only hear the story from one side. I think he will stay with us as SD will sort this out in a professional way, away from people like us ,who are only too eager to jump on the bandwagon. Don’t jump to conclusions just yet.

So, as I read it....he gets duffed up, but not enough to need an Ambulance, or report the incident to the Ploice - he just goes home, sleeps it off then wakes up and notices he's got a black eye - so legs it to Spain. Hmmmm, seems like he was already mashed before the bust up (DD in April) - likely why they sent him to Dr Dyche's hospital for Rickety Tumbledowns.

"Dr Dyche's hospital for Rickety Tumbledowns".

I'm having that!

You have a way with words Norder - that's a cracker!!

We were spoilt with Joey Barton weren't we guys. Nobody has come through like he did for us. It's always a gamble and it can come good but we've not had anyone to touch Joey. He had a past and now he has a future and seems to be doing well with the responsibility he has as manager of Fleetwood. I wish him well.

He should stick to drinking water. If anyone can sort him out it will be SD.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    He should stick to drinking water. If anyone can sort him out it will be SD.
    He has to have the desire to sort it himself otherwise nobody can help him. Very sad, but true

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)