+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Em hoping

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    56

    Em hoping

    The manager is gonna come oot and say banter cup and we wernae bathered beh it
    If we’re taking it seriously,well Phucking hell
    Thon second goal phuck me
    Last edited by _JG_; 08-09-2019 at 04:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,082
    Quote Originally Posted by _JG_ View Post
    The manager is gonna come oot and say banter cup and we wernae bathered beh it
    If were taking it seriously,well Phucking hell
    Thon second goal phuck me
    Im fine with that but then say in advance so people can keep their money for something else.

    On the back of the disaster derby we should have been building confidence.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    669
    Genuinely wasn't bothered ,after the Derby disaster thought it might even go to pens but we're not even that good ,I know punters will be asking for Mcpakes head but could be touch and go between him and boris who lasts longer...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    Genuinely wasn't bothered ,after the Derby disaster thought it might even go to pens but we're not even that good ,I know punters will be asking for Mcpakes head but could be touch and go between him and boris who lasts longer...
    not bathered beh the competion
    bathered beh the performance and how easy it was for Elgin

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    669
    Yeh same ,never want to see my team beat but not a shock result tbh...

    Early days for Mcpake but we look a shell of a team....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    Genuinely wasn't bothered ,after the Derby disaster thought it might even go to pens but we're not even that good ,I know punters will be asking for Mcpakes head but could be touch and go between him and boris who lasts longer...
    We need to change our club. McPake will need time, so would any other manager.

    Perhaps John Nelms should come out and say we are going to take 3 years to get our **** together, the McCannae era has put us backwards in one giant leap and someone needs to communicate that to the punters in a way that keeps them onside. Huge derby defeats, cup no batheredness (Elgin, Cove and Peterhead) and general apathy will not take the club forward.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    668
    Before the season started, I said I would be happy if we made the play-offs.
    After the last two games, maybe that's too much to hope for.
    At least we have the pre academy, some cracking games there.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    We need to change our club. McPake will need time, so would any other manager.

    Perhaps John Nelms should come out and say we are going to take 3 years to get our **** together, the McCannae era has put us backwards in one giant leap and someone needs to communicate that to the punters in a way that keeps them onside. Huge derby defeats, cup no batheredness (Elgin, Cove and Peterhead) and general apathy will not take the club forward.
    I've often thought this approach would be welcomed also to the genuine Dee fan ,our board are a bit stand offish which niggles some people but if they were more upfront and honest I would certainly appreciate the situation more ,this club has bigger problems than missing out on a box of tea cakes...it will take time but if we stick to the plan we'll come out stronger.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    We need to change our club. McPake will need time, so would any other manager.

    Perhaps John Nelms should come out and say we are going to take 3 years to get our **** together, the McCannae era has put us backwards in one giant leap and someone needs to communicate that to the punters in a way that keeps them onside. Huge derby defeats, cup no batheredness (Elgin, Cove and Peterhead) and general apathy will not take the club forward.
    Excellent post. Seems to me that the supporters are not really buying into any type of rebuilding process. The yardstick should be progress looking at each game, not progress judged against some target like finishing in a promotion playoff slot. I admit I hope for a promotion playoff slot but getting home wins, going on winning runs of two or three is more likely to bring change than having an end of season target.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,082
    Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Excellent post. Seems to me that the supporters are not really buying into any type of rebuilding process. The yardstick should be progress looking at each game, not progress judged against some target like finishing in a promotion playoff slot. I admit I hope for a promotion playoff slot but getting home wins, going on winning runs of two or three is more likely to bring change than having an end of season target.
    Then we get what we always get.

    Around this time of year I usually head to the states once or twice. Today at LA Chargers v Indianapolis Colts, someone will lose but nobody on the whole place imagines losing!

    We lose, also as a nation, far too easily.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Then we get what we always get.

    Around this time of year I usually head to the states once or twice. Today at LA Chargers v Indianapolis Colts, someone will lose but nobody on the whole place imagines losing!

    We lose, also as a nation, far too easily.
    Can't disagree with that. Was thinking that our football has been declining ever since politicians got involved. Teams being asked to do stuff in a certain way to earn govt support. YTS for youngsters etc.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Can't disagree with that. Was thinking that our football has been declining ever since politicians got involved. Teams being asked to do stuff in a certain way to earn govt support. YTS for youngsters etc.
    We've lost a generation to drugs and computer games...just look in Dundee itself we used to have around 10 Sunday morning and afternoon leagues...be lucky if there's one now...the standard of player in Scotland is very much in decline...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,082
    Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    We've lost a generation to drugs and computer games...just look in Dundee itself we used to have around 10 Sunday morning and afternoon leagues...be lucky if there's one now...the standard of player in Scotland is very much in decline...
    Correct on standard, very low now. But the whole experience also grim, and hardly ever entertaining

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    We've lost a generation to drugs and computer games...just look in Dundee itself we used to have around 10 Sunday morning and afternoon leagues...be lucky if there's one now...the standard of player in Scotland is very much in decline...
    Thought that schools not supporting the team sports that played outwith normal school hours also player a part.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Football is no longer the primary hobby and pastime of young folk now. The attachment of youth to football is nowhere near so strong. Add to that a crap product and dwindling crowds are the order of the day. Scottish football is a bad product, in frequent bad weather as well.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,579
    Depressing thoughts. Can't really think of any positives, other than football forums where you can have a moan.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Depressing thoughts. Can't really think of any positives, other than football forums where you can have a moan.
    Could be worse could be a member of the Tartan Army 😄😄😄😄

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Could be worse could be a member of the Tartan Army ��������
    There is that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •