+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FAO Francis Begbie

Francis, so nice of you to respond by extending an olive branch. Perhaps it might be wise to leave politicians of every colour, persuasion and country out of this particular debate and concentrate on the football.

Could we have your detailed 10 point plan of how to take this 100 year football club forward please and preferably without the simplistic solution of standing behind the directors box with red cards chanting "out, out, out." Any fool can do that and bully another 10 to join in, but it takes some creative thinking and a huge amount of work to actually put forward a workable plan B that isn't as brutally simple as "we should spend more money."

If my memory serves me correctly, I did ask of you this very same question within the last couple of years and unsurprisingly nothing was forthcoming.

What amazes me is that people have witnessed the death of Bury FC without so much as a mention on this board. Is that really what you want for Queen of the South?

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Francis, so nice of you to respond by extending an olive branch. Perhaps it might be wise to leave politicians of every colour, persuasion and country out of this particular debate and concentrate on the football.

Could we have your detailed 10 point plan of how to take this 100 year football club forward please and preferably without the simplistic solution of standing behind the directors box with red cards chanting "out, out, out." Any fool can do that and bully another 10 to join in, but it takes some creative thinking and a huge amount of work to actually put forward a workable plan B that isn't as brutally simple as "we should spend more money."

If my memory serves me correctly, I did ask of you this very same question within the last couple of years and unsurprisingly nothing was forthcoming.

What amazes me is that people have witnessed the death of Bury FC without so much as a mention on this board. Is that really what you want for Queen of the South?

hold on jardi ,you mentioned how hewitson bankrolls queens ,id like to hear about this fantom bankrolling of the club ,my second point you are the one who quoted about brexit and our politicians not having a clue ,so its you who infact needs to concentrate on the football cause i see our politicians doing a great job in stopping boris the animal in his crusade to wreck scotland and take us out of the eu ,and why the hell should i come up with a 10 point plan of how to take queens forward ask hewitson about his 10 point plan as i cant see any forward movement in our club or progress ,and there is a few business people with cash that have been interested in queens ,do you hide your head under your pillow jardi if your not hearing these things ,so please explain to me how our chairman is moving queens forward and please dont come out with the blinkered version of how we make cash from the arena and kgv and this lochmaben place ,do you honestly think our chairman is putting cash into the club and bankrolling us ,cause i hear the exact opposite of this .

Speculate to accumulate they say.
    Every AGM for years it was always brought up we needed outside investment. Now we have it we are worse off than ever!!! Why?
    Better players = better results = more income.
    Said it in the other thread, we might have saved a few quid on the budget but look where we are? Out of two cups and doing terrible in the league (so far) - that's more lost income.

queens look to be in freefall to me and something needs to be done to stop this ,who does the buck stop with and how can it be sorted ,cause on our current path under financial restraints and small ragtag squads it doesnt look to me like queens are moving forward in any way .

Francis I understand your passion for wanting the best for the club. However, I must mention the word caution and ask you to think about Bury FC. ……...It's almost as if their demise didn't happen.

If you are so passionate about Queen of the South - then it would be in the interests of the club and its supporters for you to come up with a 10 point plan of how you would take the club forward, - rather than simply ousting the chairman. I suspect if you were to oust the chairman then you really would see freefall.

I was using a political analogy in my earlier post, -and I am of the humble opinion that none of our politicians have a clue (at the moment) of what is best for our country. As for Scotland, - what is the point in voting for Independence with a basket case economy? (I'm not making this up, - we are way below Romania) The reality is that Europe would not allow Scotland to join the economic union so we would be left on the edge of the Atlantic to fend for ourselves.

It's all very well to get pumped up about our club and our country, - but once we have no club to support and no-one to fund us with economic aid what do we do then?

I think some serious decision making is required before we dive in with both feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    hold on jardi ,you mentioned how hewitson bankrolls queens ,id like to hear about this fantom bankrolling of the club ,my second point you are the one who quoted about brexit and our politicians not having a clue ,so its you who infact needs to concentrate on the football cause i see our politicians doing a great job in stopping boris the animal in his crusade to wreck scotland and take us out of the eu ,and why the hell should i come up with a 10 point plan of how to take queens forward ask hewitson about his 10 point plan as i cant see any forward movement in our club or progress ,and there is a few business people with cash that have been interested in queens ,do you hide your head under your pillow jardi if your not hearing these things ,so please explain to me how our chairman is moving queens forward and please dont come out with the blinkered version of how we make cash from the arena and kgv and this lochmaben place ,do you honestly think our chairman is putting cash into the club and bankrolling us ,cause i hear the exact opposite of this .
    BUILDING CRAFTSMEN LTD

William Hewitson is a director and shareholder.

Both Building Craftsmen (Dumfries) Limited and the related company McCartney (Dumfries) Limited carry out significant
    maintenance work around Palmerston Park free of charge.

From the last club accounts

Aloreburn, many thanks for pointing this out.

The issue is that some people allow their judgement to be clouded due to the passion they have for their club and overlook the massive investment that has gone into putting Queens on a sound economic footing for the future.

I don't wish to quell passion, - but sometimes we need to be fully aware of what is being done on our behalf before we go in with the size 10's.

Heresay and Chinese whispers are a dangerous combination to base any opinion/argument upon.

Hewitson may well be a businessman, but his PR is non existent. We never hear much from the board’s mouthpieces either, unfortunately!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Francis I understand your passion for wanting the best for the club. However, I must mention the word caution and ask you to think about Bury FC. ……...It's almost as if their demise didn't happen.

If you are so passionate about Queen of the South - then it would be in the interests of the club and its supporters for you to come up with a 10 point plan of how you would take the club forward, - rather than simply ousting the chairman. I suspect if you were to oust the chairman then you really would see freefall.

I was using a political analogy in my earlier post, -and I am of the humble opinion that none of our politicians have a clue (at the moment) of what is best for our country. As for Scotland, - what is the point in voting for Independence with a basket case economy? (I'm not making this up, - we are way below Romania) The reality is that Europe would not allow Scotland to join the economic union so we would be left on the edge of the Atlantic to fend for ourselves.

It's all very well to get pumped up about our club and our country, - but once we have no club to support and no-one to fund us with economic aid what do we do then?

I think some serious decision making is required before we dive in with both feet.
    Interesting so you think our country like our club is too poor and too wee. Such little ambition for either.
    As to Scotland being a basket case economically what a glowing reference for Westminster control.🤔

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)