+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO Francis Begbie

FAO Francis Begbie

Is it you that’s organising the red card protest against the Chairman this Saturday? Do you have anymore information please ?

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Is it you that’s organising the red card protest against the Chairman this Saturday? Do you have anymore information please ?

hmmm organising a red card protest ???? i suggested get the red cards out like we did for harkness on the facebook site yes but im no organiser lol .

is someone actually offering to organise this likes arrol1919 or are you fishing ,assuming lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    is someone actually offering to organise this likes arrol1919 or are you fishing ,assuming lol .
    Apologies if I’ve picked it up incorrectly Francis but was told there was a thread on Facebook by yourself mentioning a red card display like yesteryear bud.

Apologies if I’ve picked it up incorrectly Francis but was told there was a thread on Facebook by yourself mentioning a red card display like yesteryear bud.

yes i did mention it ,what i said was something like the buck stops with hewitson he supplies the budget that our managers work with and years ago when we went though a similar scenario under harkness where queens were being held back with a finacially restraining chairman we had enough and done a red card for harkness protest which did the job ,im not sure who organised it tbh ,tho peter coupland and a few others rings some bells ,all i can remember being part of it standing behind the directors box with banners and red cards in the air ,singing harkness must go ,then outside palmy after match ,this went on for a few weeks if im remembering correctly lol .but i doubt the fans have it in them nowadays to take things that far ,,the queens fans for me have got more passive over the years .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    yes i did mention it ,what i said was something like the buck stops with hewitson he supplies the budget that our managers work with and years ago when we went though a similar scenario under harkness where queens were being held back with a finacially restraining chairman we had enough and done a red card for harkness protest which did the job ,im not sure who organised it tbh ,tho peter coupland and a few others rings some bells ,all i can remember being part of it standing behind the directors box with banners and red cards in the air ,singing harkness must go ,then outside palmy after match ,this went on for a few weeks if im remembering correctly lol .but i doubt the fans have it in them nowadays to take things that far ,,the queens fans for me have got more passive over the years .
    We haven’t got a lot of money though Francis. The club won’t spend what they’ve not got. You do remember we made two massive financial losses the last two years ?

We haven’t got a lot of money though Francis. The club won’t spend what they’ve not got. You do remember we made two massive financial losses the last two years ?

yep i know queens havnt got alot of income coming in ,clubs like us rely heavily on outside investment to compete ,queens cant compete in the championship operating on there own income iv been saying this for years ,this is why we need propped up with investment each season ontop of our club income ,hewitson makes cash from queens is the word rather than gives cash to queens ,so are you in the camp of accepting we have no cash and we are operating at our peak which you know we are in freefall dont you ?or do the fans say enough is enough and demand better or change ,if we keep on the same path we will end upo back to a part time lower leagues club with even less ambition than we have now ,how many fans do you think will tag along with that scenario ,not many id expect ,at some point either a leap of faith needs to happen or keep it the same ,keeping it the way its going doesnt bare thinking about for me .

I'm really not quite sure what you are trying to achieve?

Getting rid of the very person who is bank rolling the club is maybe not a very good idea, - but what do I know?

We're already in crisis with every politician in the country having absolutely no idea what they are doing and having no plan whatsoever with regards to what to do after Brexit, - but many are hell-bent on pursuing it.

This appears to be along the same lines, - let's vote to get rid of the very person who is keeping the club afloat, but you don't have a workable solution once you succeed.

Boris Johnson is likely to walk away once he has created a disaster, are you willing to step in with a workable plan of what to do once you have evicted the chairman. I have my doubts.

We have discussed the financial situation on this board until we are all blue in the face and unless or until a white knight is going to appear from some magical world far, far away, - it might be in all our best interests to actually try and encourage the chairman to stay.

To put it another way: It's like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post

Getting rid of the very person who is bank rolling the club is maybe not a very good idea, - but what do I know?

We're already in crisis with every politician in the country having absolutely no idea what they are doing and having no plan whatsoever with regards to what to do after Brexit, - but many are hell-bent on pursuing it.

This appears to be along the same lines, - let's vote to get rid of the very person who is keeping the club afloat, but you don't have a workable solution once you succeed.

Boris Johnson is likely to walk away once he has created a disaster, are you willing to step in with a workable plan of what to do once you have evicted the chairman. I have my doubts.

We have discussed the financial situation on this board until we are all blue in the face and unless or until a white knight is going to appear from some magical world far, far away, - it might be in all our best interests to actually try and encourage the chairman to stay.

I agree fully Jardi that unless there is someone prepared to step into Hewitson's shoes with a wad of cash to splash on a struggling team I see no point in protesting against the present incumbent. We need instead to get behind the team giving them our support and let's face it if we had taken even a small number of the numerous chances we have been creating in the Ayr and Clyde games, Alloa not included in this, then the situation would be looking very much different. I for one am not a turkey although others may beg to differ

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post

ffs jardi bankrolling the club ,,what planet have you been living on ,if he was bankrolling the club whys he charging for scaffolding round the floodlights and why do we have a relegation budget to deal with ???,among other stuff ,dont you hear anything jardi ,and what makes you think theres no one interested in taking over if he resigns ? do you keep plugs in your ears when chatting to people lol ,queens are in utter freefall atm wake up and smell the coffee before its too late,, and in crisis with every politician in the country having no idea what there doing ,what country would that be your talking about ???? remember the uk is not a country ,scotland know exactly what we want and its defo not brexit the overwhelming vote for remain tells its own story .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 09-09-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)