+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FAO Francis Begbie

It wasn't meant as a political point, - merely a statement of fact.

In both cases, - be careful what you wish or vote for, as the result might not quite be what you hoped for.

In both cases, - be careful what you wish or vote for, as the result might not quite be what you hoped for.[/QUOTE]
    Hey Jardi, you are obviously in the know regarding Hewitson’s thoughts, either that or in cahoots with him 😊

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    It wasn't meant as a political point, - merely a statement of fact.

In both cases, - be careful what you wish or vote for, as the result might not quite be what you hoped for.
    Scotland has a GDP per capita far higher than Romania

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    Hey Jardi, you are obviously in the know regarding Hewitson’s thoughts, either that or in cahoots with him 😊[/QUOTE]

thuthhurts either that or hes completely blinkered to everything at palmerston ,jardi one question and yes i know aloreburn posted saying its in queens accounts everythings done free of charge lol ,i trust your a man who knows people in the know ,ask around jardi ,i know you speak to the guy i get some info from and he paints a totally different picture to me about finances and stuff ,i dont know what it will take until it hits home with some fans ,its as if these fans are happy to sit by and watch queens struggle every season or bob around the lower leagues just so thay can go along clapping away there local ambitionless club ,i want lots more and expect lots more than that .

Francis, I am struggling to work out what you are asking in the above post, although towards the end I clearly see you would love to see a more successful club.

Let me throw one question back at you: How the hell do you think a player of the calibre of Stephen Dobbie is paid?

Believe me I would love to see Queens performing better and challenging at the top end of the league. I'm still fully of the opinion that the team that has been assembled is not doing as well as it should, - and this is down to a number of things; attitude: - where some players think they are better than the opposition; and work rate: - simply taking the foot of the pedal too early and taking it far too easy.

Kosovo are a team that Queens should aspire to play like, - at half time they were 5-1 down but they never gave up and at 5-3 were really pushing England back. Despite the fact that England could and should have put the game to bed, - Kosovo were threatening to get that all important 4th goal - and if they had you would have seen some real panic in the English team.

So this thread is tied in with another in my opinion, - and I honestly feel Queens are under-performing, - so I think asking the Chairman to stand down is crazy, - as is suggesting that only extra money will solve the problem on the pitch.

We have tried throwing money into 'better' players in the past and it almost ended up in Queens being bankrupt. The present Board of Directors, whether you like or not, have bank rolled the club with their own money and the club is stable, - yet some people like you are demanding that they dig deeper and spend even more, - while at the same time bemoaning that the entry cost is too high!

Money doesn't grow on trees and until certain people realise that I can only see disaster ahead.
    Last edited by jardi; 12-09-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Jardi, you are up against an intransigent impenetrable barrier here who does not listen to reason nor rationale when it comes to our current situation. We all have dreams about where we want our club to be and to me full time football is becoming a mill stone around the clubs neck whilst the Dumfries public are so apathetic to the club by failing to support them as with many other things to do with the town. Once Dobbie retires then it may be the time to consider going back to part time status and signing the cream of those who will then show some drive/ambition to achieve their dreams in the game rather than some of these journey men who are only interested in taking the clubs hard won dough putting back little in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Jardi, you are up against an intransigent impenetrable barrier here who does not listen to reason nor rationale when it comes to our current situation. We all have dreams about where we want our club to be and to me full time football is becoming a mill stone around the clubs neck whilst the Dumfries public are so apathetic to the club by failing to support them as with many other things to do with the town. Once Dobbie retires then it may be the time to consider going back to part time status and signing the cream of those who will then show some drive/ambition to achieve their dreams in the game rather than some of these journey men who are only interested in taking the clubs hard won dough putting back little in return.

fair enough spike ,but i can say the same about fans like you and jardi ,in your own words ," up against an intransigent impenetrable barrier here who does not listen to reason nor rationale when it comes to our current situation". this is how i would say myself the majority of the dumfries public think about queens and the minority of fans that sit and accept the thought of mediocrity . probably the biggest reason why most of the dumfries public dont attend palmy ,but as long as we have a functioning club who cares eh spike ,happy to go along and watch your club in the lower leagues operating to small crowds clapping away ,then you get people like myself tareing there hair out wanting to pull the crap players of the park .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 12-09-2019 at 05:27 PM.

How much is the arena making ?

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    How much is the arena making ?

prob refraze that deek ,how much is the arena making altogether and how much of that goes straight into qosfc bank balance ?? i dont know deek but maybe some of the other guys on here like jardi might be able to tell you .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    fair enough spike ,but i can say the same about fans like you and jardi ,in your own words ," up against an intransigent impenetrable barrier here who does not listen to reason nor rationale when it comes to our current situation". this is how i would say myself the majority of the dumfries public think about queens and the minority of fans that sit and accept the thought of mediocrity . probably the biggest reason why most of the dumfries public dont attend palmy ,but as long as we have a functioning club who cares eh spike ,happy to go along and watch your club in the lower leagues operating to small crowds clapping away ,then you get people like myself tareing there hair out wanting to pull the crap players of the park .
    Realism versus fantasy-simples!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)