+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 down, 32 to go, onto Ayr Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    We were never going to win every game, we will lose games on the way but given the fixures we could have been alot worse off...

Got a bad feeling about the smokies tbh, think they'll also be a bogey team

I would also have Harkes and Stanton start next two games with Butcher at CB fwiw
    Agree about the selection but not got a bad feeling for next week

I think we will win that next week by a couple goals can't see us given up many pts at home this season

Why change the team and throw the new boy straight in??? Why not go with Butch at CB, Harkes in midfield?? At times, think Robbie overthinks things, and may have backfired today. Ok, overall, good start, but why the feck do we continue to get beat by a fecking unknown Ayr team??? 😞

Ayr are decent and a difficult team at their place hence 3 wins out of 3, they will definitely be in the play offs again

Neilson is doing just fine, we've always had a bogey team or bogey ground, although looks like we created more that than in our previous three visits combined

We have came through a very difficult looking start that included three away from home and have 12 pts and a +8 gd, four of the next six at Tannadice while others have to travel more

Even though we weren't at our best it was down to poor finishing that we didn't take something from the game plus too many players not " doing enough" - Shankland & Stanton the main culprits and I hope that's Liam Smith had his bad game for us as he had a mare.

Ran out of luck the day and Ayr had their fair share.

Can any of the guys watching it on a stream tell me is The McMullan trip near the end was inside the box? Looked it to me but Madden(shudder) gave a free kick.

When chick young is adamant it's a few yards inside the box with his obvious disdain for us then without having seen it, let's just say I'd be surprised if it wasn't inside the box lol

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Why change the team and throw the new boy straight in??? Why not go with Butch at CB, Harkes in midfield?? At times, think Robbie overthinks things, and may have backfired today. Ok, overall, good start, but why the feck do we continue to get beat by a fecking unknown Ayr team??? ��
    A real head scratcher. We have 2 home games coming up so why not break him in then?

Was always going to be tough game. Main thing now is to concentrate on getting momentum back by winning at home next week. Last season at this time I dnt think the team wld have been mentally strong enough to do that, bt this team is more than capable of it

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    When chick young is adamant it's a few yards inside the box with his obvious disdain for us then without having seen it, let's just say I'd be surprised if it wasn't inside the box lol
    Didnae look inside to me.

Thought we were a bit unlucky, started slowly but dominated from about half an hour in bar a wee spell for Ayr midway thru second half. Plenty of efforts on goal - it was Clark’s header that hit the post and Cammy Smith with the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Didnae look inside to me.

Thought we were a bit unlucky, started slowly but dominated from about half an hour in.......
    See the “started slowly” is exactly the gripe I had pre-season, and in the first four league games, we didn’t and won. We really need to keep pressing from the off, in every game, and not hand the initiative to the opposition, as we (appear) to have done today - does my fecking head in!!

P.S. chopping the team unnecessary doesn’t help either!! Robbie, stop overthinking things, and take the same approach every game....attack, attack!

The only change he made (from the last league match) was enforced wasn't it (Brown for Connelly)?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)