+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 4 down, 32 to go, onto Ayr Saturday

If i have read it correctly the new defender Brown had a long term injury that kept him out until March,he then played one or two games and got injured again.He never played for Exeter again and was released due to his injury problems in June before pre- season training had even started.
    Not for one minute am i blaming Brown for the defeat yesterday but it was nothing short of madness to throw him straight in away from home against a team who are one of our main title rivals,sorry for being so negative about our manager but this is why none of us were saying after 4 games that the league was won.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    If i have read it correctly the new defender Brown had a long term injury that kept him out until March,he then played one or two games and got injured again.He never played for Exeter again and was released due to his injury problems in June before pre- season training had even started.
    Not for one minute am i blaming Brown for the defeat yesterday but it was nothing short of madness to throw him straight in away from home against a team who are one of our main title rivals,sorry for being so negative about our manager but this is why none of us were saying after 4 games that the league was won.
    Agreed. No idea how he played but was shocked to see him start. The defence has actually looked better with Butcher in it. To change this in such a big game, for someone who could not have been match sharp seemed crazy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Sadly missed the first 10 mins and goal. Couple of observations. Ayr to a man were far more 'up for the game' than our team and worked in a far more disciplined manner knowing exactly which players to subdue to stop us (even though we made some good chances). Shankland got no service and was marked by 2 at most times. He would have been better sitting on the centre spot to create space for others. Every time we had the ball there was 2 and 3 defenders right in the face to win it back.

I think Aperre would have been better in the centre interchanging with Shankland on the left to create space and confusion. We also left far to much space between midfield and the back 4.

Brown did OK, not outstanding and lucky not to be carded but maybe if he had better mobility he wouldn't be like a roundabout...

The Ayr stream was poor quality however the commentators were much more enthusiastic than the couple we have on the zone.
    This is pretty much spot on. They were hungrier and worked harder and played like a team. The boy Moffatt (34/35?) ran our defence ragged. Going back to one up front and playing Appere so deep was bonkers. Need to get at all those teams hard first 15 mins. Arbroath and Morton now we need 6 points please

Brown was not at fault IMO our poorest players were Liam Smith and Reynolds whose distribution was woeful. Stanton and McMullan were anonymous for the majority of the game. Our best player was young Appere and Harkes was Ok after he came on.Sometimes you question yourself if you were at the same again as press reporters. In one newspaper it said we were dismal. No way were we dismal.If Clark's header had gone in instead of hitting the base of the post it would have been a totally different game or Madden had given any of the three penalties.

Nothing we didn't already know…
    We are not unbeatable - we already knew that.
    This league won't hand itself to us - we knew that too.
    We need to hammer teams right from the start, every game, no exceptions - we've all been saying that for ages.

Still hard to accept how much pain we suffer at the hands or Ayr United though.

Slightly anxious about our prospects of bouncing back against Arbroath too. Just had a look at their results so far - only lost one and that was a narrow 2-1 up at Inverness. While I expect it to be a vastly different game to the Challenge cup, I still think they'll be very tough to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by southwestarab View Post
    …Sometimes you question yourself if you were at the same again as press reporters. In one newspaper it said we were dismal. No way were we dismal…
    According to BBC stats we had 20 efforts on goal, which doesn't sound all that dismal to me. (perhaps dismal finishing that none of them resulted in a goal) There are those within the media who love to hate us for reasons best known to themselves - they love to talk us down.

Listening to BBC commentary yesterday gave the distinct impression that Chick Young loves to see us lose.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    According to BBC stats we had 20 efforts on goal, which doesn't sound all that dismal to me. (perhaps dismal finishing that none of them resulted in a goal) There are those within the media who love to hate us for reasons best known to themselves - they love to talk us down.

Listening to BBC commentary yesterday gave the distinct impression that Chick Young loves to see us lose.
    Everyone likes to see you lot lose.

Quote Originally Posted by davydook View Post
    Invaluable insight there davy - thanks very much for that. Anything else you'd like to add?

They won't see it very often this season in the league so they should enjoy it when it happens

Agreed and they would probably love to see us getting smashed for 6 but only utter shyte can deliver that,twice,FACT.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)