+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 down, 32 to go, onto Ayr Saturday

4 down, 32 to go, onto Ayr Saturday

So for me despite the tough looking start, this will be the toughest fixture of the 5 by a distance, get through this with atleast a point and that will be a brilliant return (and with two home games to follow)

Ayr have started the season strongly, a win for them and they are level on pts, McCall has done well recruitment wise after losing some key players and looks like they week have another good season, they are difficult to play at home and it's not been a happy way day for us recently, however this will be the best shape we will have gone there in easily

Don't think Connolly will be ready so makes the team selection easier

Siegrist
    Smith Butcher Reynolds Robson
    McMullan Harkes Stanton Pawlett
    Shankland Appere

Deniz, Sporle, Watson, King, C.Smith, Clark, Banks/Frear?

Ayr 2-2 Utd

In the same way as East Fife didn't derail us when we faced ICT, I dont think the Arbroath game yesterday will have any bearing on how we do down at Ayr.

I think it'll be back to business, and agree there will be goals but I'm going away win 1-2

Would hope away win.

McCall hates us now but even more reason to beat them

Win would be fantastic but a draw will do.
    13-15 points from what on paper was a tough 5 opening games.

With 2 home games to follow and then away against Alloa and QOS who will be 2 of the bottom sides we should have a very decent total from the first round of fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    So for me despite the tough looking start, this will be the toughest fixture of the 5 by a distance, get through this with atleast a point and that will be a brilliant return (and with two home games to follow)

Ayr have started the season strongly, a win for them and they are level on pts, McCall has done well recruitment wise after losing some key players and looks like they week have another good season, they are difficult to play at home and it's not been a happy way day for us recently, however this will be the best shape we will have gone there in easily

Don't think Connolly will be ready so makes the team selection easier

Siegrist
    Smith Butcher Reynolds Robson
    McMullan Harkes Stanton Pawlett
    Shankland Appere

Deniz, Sporle, Watson, King, C.Smith, Clark, Banks/Frear?

Ayr 2-2 Utd
    Ye, that's the starting 11 I'd go with. Tough game right enough and actually thought this would be moved to a Friday night on tv but I'm glad it's not. Subs bench a bit hit and miss imo though.

Home or away, no easy games, However agree this looks a hard test, think we'd all settle for a point, really hope we go for the throat like we did at Dunfermline and get the 3pts.

Insider info from shanks and smith 0-2 Utd.

A hard game on Saturday, but looking forward to it with confidence, but not over-confident.

After we took 2,500 to Dunfermilne, it'll be interesting to see how many make it to Ayr. There are 4 of us going.

Surprised so many are predicting a point.

Shanks and Smith will want to go there and show what they're about now. And the rest of the team should be just as motivated to keep the 100% record going and get the reward of a nice wee gap at the top if we get all three points.

Yes, McCall is no mug, and he will no doubt have a decent game plan. But, we should concentrate on OUR game plan and let them worry about us.

Keep on going in our attacking mode and we can win this fixture by a couple of clear goals I think.

Ayr 1 - 3 Utd

Massive game on Saturday. Big marker I reckon to where we are this season. Well beaten in both games down there last season. If we're going to win this league then winning on Saturday is a big statement.

Ayr 0-2 United.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)