+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 4 down, 32 to go, onto Ayr Saturday

He is playing mind games. He wants to pile some pressure on Shankland and Neilsen. We would be well advised to not get involved with daft mind games. Like every week, the last game has gone and next week's game is our next cup final. The players shouldn't need to use his words as motivation as they should be motivated already. We don't want him getting beneath our skin. Do your talking on the park united.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    It's called motivation, maybe our manager should try it.
    Spot on, if any club start giving it ‘the big one’ however disguised it is, it should be used to get your team fired up.

Contrary to previous comments, I loved listening to McCall when he was our gaffer, he always spoke positively win, lose or draw, he never gave an inch and would look at reporters like they were idiots when they criticised the players or how the team had played.

Granted he was a wee bit out his depth with United, but he never suffered from shyness. Got us out a relegation dogfight, signed Barry Robson and Jason Scotland (and Mark phukkin Kerr) and shat in a Dundee managers boots, what more could any Shed boy ask for ��

The thing is troops,we can slag off McCall all we want but he humiliates a club that sacked him on a regular basis.I was at Somerset Park the last time we did beat them and even then the result was a travesty of justice.It is simply not good enough that a team with their budget beats us on a regular basis.
    I listened to McCall on the radio last Tuesday and it was interesting to hear that he was confident regarding Saturday but thought over the course of a season he felt that our bigger squad would prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The thing is troops,we can slag off McCall all we want but he humiliates a club that sacked him on a regular basis.I was at Somerset Park the last time we did beat them and even then the result was a travesty of justice.It is simply not good enough that a team with their budget beats us on a regular basis.
    I listened to McCall on the radio last Tuesday and it was interesting to hear that he was confident regarding Saturday but thought over the course of a season he felt that our bigger squad would prevail.
    ^^^ This

I get some of the McJobby comments and he sure does get his team motivated - but to what extent and with so little class - he is scum and a rotten core to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    I get some of the McJobby comments and he sure does get his team motivated - but to what extent and with so little class - he is scum and a rotten core to that.
    I havnie got much time for him either mate but i do respect the job he does with club's in the lower echelons of the game.I can accept getting knocked out of a cup competition in a one off game v Ayr with him in charge but its not acceptable to lose so many points to them in the league.
    It is also worth remembering they lost to Dundee at Dens,ok they were unfortunate but they did lose.If we had hammered Ayr away last Saturday i would have been the first on here to say we are gonna win the league but our manager reverted to his negative tactics and someone at the club is justified to ask him why.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)