+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you like Ardley and should we keep him?

I am still euphoric that I have a club to support and every time i set foot in Meadow Lane nowadays i consider it a blessing. I understand the questions being asked by Ardley's critics, I am probably wondering the same but in the grand scheme of things its irrelevant. Ardley didn't take us down, whatever his record, the club had been set on a ruinous path long before he arrived by more than one egotistical moron of an owner and Ardley manfully stayed on (albeit paid) to clean up the **** left behind in the clubs darkest hour.
    It's also worth remembering that whoever comes in is going to work under the business model offered by the new owners who will presumably only sign players with 'value' based on Football Radars criteria. Not every manager will want those restrictions placed on them. I would give Ardley the full season and we can then realistically reflect and decide if progress has been made.

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    Ardley didn't take us down, whatever his record, the club had been set on a ruinous path long before he arrived by more than one egotistical moron of an owner and Ardley manfully stayed on (albeit paid) to clean up the **** left behind in the clubs darkest hour.
    Ardley was the personal choice of the egotistical moron. And yes, he did take us down.

Err, actually, Ardley DID take us down. I think that is an indisputable fact. I'd go as far to say that I honestly believe that if we had chosen any other manager than Neal at that moment in time, we'd have stayed up. His results were absolutely abysmal.

Another factor for me is how many British managers could / would work with the model that the Reedtz brothers prefer i.e using football analytics as a major part of player recruitment.

Perhaps a Danish manager could work under these circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Another factor for me is how many British managers could / would work with the model that the Reedtz brothers prefer i.e using football analytics as a major part of player recruitment.
    I'm not sure that model is in place yet. Ardley signed a load of trialists he didn't like to say no to and then every player since he's told how he has been watching them for ages.

For me, we had a dreadful preseason with a lack of investment, morale at an all time low etc etc. Just before the season starts the Reedtz Brothers come in and breath life into us. We've signed players who probably weren't top of the list (because of the summer debacle), who aren't as fit as the probably could be, due to the lack of a full preseason.
    Games since have come thick and fast with no real breather in between to work on fitness issues and game tactics for each opposition are changing rapidly all the time. We've let high earners go amongst others, because our wage bill was crippling us and brought in lower cost replacements. We're fighting fires here at the minute and given everything above, I'm happy to not be currently scrapping out with the bottom 2 or 3 clubs
    Once the hectic schedule eases and issues within the team (fitness/tactics/formation) have more of a chance to be worked on fully,then I'll judge him.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Err, actually, Ardley DID take us down. I think that is an indisputable fact. I'd go as far to say that I honestly believe that if we had chosen any other manager than Neal at that moment in time, we'd have stayed up. His results were absolutely abysmal.
    Even Fullarton, Sheridan, Nolan or Kiwomya? We could have probably got Fartin' Martin back as well as Spireites had given him t'shove by then. I'll exclude Derry as he actually did keep us up and could probably have done a good job for a few months in that situation ( as long as he was sacked at the end of the season).

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    I am still euphoric that I have a club to support and every time i set foot in Meadow Lane nowadays i consider it a blessing. I understand the questions being asked by Ardley's critics, I am probably wondering the same but in the grand scheme of things its irrelevant. Ardley didn't take us down, whatever his record, the club had been set on a ruinous path long before he arrived by more than one egotistical moron of an owner and Ardley manfully stayed on (albeit paid) to clean up the **** left behind in the clubs darkest hour.
    It's also worth remembering that whoever comes in is going to work under the business model offered by the new owners who will presumably only sign players with 'value' based on Football Radars criteria. Not every manager will want those restrictions placed on them. I would give Ardley the full season and we can then realistically reflect and decide if progress has been made.
    Pretty much this.

To answer the OP:
    1) He is an excellent manager with a proven track record at Real Wimbledon, don't see us able to land another manager with better pedigree at this level.
    2) Although others will disagree, I think he's been largely successful with transfers, both last season and this. The only one so far I think really didn't work was Gomis.
    3) He was 5 years at the Wombles as manager, suggests he doesn't easily jump ship. We don't want or need another Allerdyce who jumps out at the first sign of success.
    4) He likes his stats, and looks a good match with the owner's approach.
    5) Given time he will build a promotion winning team. there is marked improvement already, the results will follow.
    6) He is generally comfortable handling the press. Like his direct and honest approach. Although he generally protects his players, which is a good characteristic.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Even Fullarton, Sheridan, Nolan or Kiwomya? We could have probably got Fartin' Martin back as well as Spireites had given him t'shove by then. I'll exclude Derry as he actually did keep us up and could probably have done a good job for a few months in that situation ( as long as he was sacked at the end of the season).
    ANY manager would have struggled to do as badly as Ardley did.

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    For me, we had a dreadful preseason with a lack of investment, morale at an all time low etc etc. Just before the season starts the Reedtz Brothers come in and breath life into us. We've signed players who probably weren't top of the list (because of the summer debacle), who aren't as fit as the probably could be, due to the lack of a full preseason.
    Yet when that clown AH came in with the drunkard KN in fairly similar circumstances we went from near bottom to almost at one point looking like play-off hopefuls.

We've had no "new manager" bounce, no "new owner" bounce and no signings that have made a difference (beyond one or two games).

Excuses excuses excuses. It wasn't that long ago NA was bemoaning too big a squad and he couldn't fit them all in to the training and keep an eye on them with split training facilities. Excuses excuses excuses.

He'll do an AH next and say "I got the signings wrong, I got the tactics wrong, I only did what the owners said". I've had enough of listening to his honest sincere approach. It's got to start producing results and I have no confidence that it will, same as last season.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast