+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Falsifying Attendances

Falsifying Attendances

Just a thought not just for SDFC but all football clubs who falsify attendances

If there was a serious incident god forbid say a terrorist attack or a huge fire and the emergency services are called. How can a football club justify the missing 4’000 fans

Years ago season ticket holders ticket was scanned at the turnstiles but I don't think this happens now

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Just a thought not just for SDFC but all football clubs who falsify attendances

If there was a serious incident god forbid say a terrorist attack or a huge fire and the emergency services are called. How can a football club justify the missing 4’000 fans

Years ago season ticket holders ticket was scanned at the turnstiles but I don't think this happens now
    I think they need to know exactly how many are in the ground for the reason you mentioned. All they need to do is change the description 'attendance' to ''number of tickets sold''

The attendance put out to the public is tickets sold... there is an official safety figure that is given to fire authorities I believe...

Figures used to come out from sh1tkickerland in their 1st relegation season...

42k was public but 28k was the real attendance.

I guess the flipside is, if we announced a game as a sell out and 4k didnt turn up, and we released the the attendance as 48k... the would be outrage from people who wanted tickets...

I used to care about these figures, but now I dont go anymore... I'm not @rsed

I've been told they use the figure sold cos it's easier when they do the auditing
    All clubs do it this way

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    I've been told they use the figure sold cos it's easier when they do the auditing
    All clubs do it this way
    On a health and safety issue at a public venue I would imagine every Club would have to furnish the exact number of supporters at the venue to the relevant emergency services.

The BBC had this on their website last year.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45158878
    Looking at the figures it seems only Man U were giving figures as actual attendances and not tickets sold

It's just a similar way the government juggles the figures about the numbers of unemployed.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)