+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Troy Brrown

Exeter fans say all positive things,who to believe

He certainly looks like a big solid laddie. We hardly need Beckenbauer in this league but hopefully he's not as rash as Connolly.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Exeter fans say all positive things,who to believe
    I think its pretty straight forward mate,he will do a decent job at the level we are at however his fitness is an issue.He has been around the block in the lower echelons of English football and i do wonder why none of his former or any other club have offered him a deal?.I doubt very much on his release from Exeter that he was chomping at the bit to travel 517 miles to join Dundee United.

As posters on here are well aware i do like to be thorough in my research(see ADMIN 2 threads)and it appears that Troy was on his way to Bury until they Glasgow Rangered.

6 months for him to try and stay fit and get himself in the shop window. If he is a success, he will be away in 6 months, if he isn't, then he will be away in 6 months! Seems pretty low risk and hopefully points to a player that is going to try his hardest for the sake of his career. Don't know anything of the guy but hope that he is a roaring success and he manages to get his career back on track and is over his injury problems. We just have to look back at players such as Lee Wilkie to see that these things can work out well.

[QUOTE=JamesMcClean;39320790]I wonder if Connolly is going to be out for a little longer than we’re aware of currently? If so, I suspect this is to cover that position to allow Butcher to keep playing midfield.

Dundee United central defender Mark Connolly facing months on sidelines as Tangerines welcome Troy Brown.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...me-troy-brown/

That was the implication of the recent signing, no doubt about it.

Even with Brown added I feel we are a bit light at the back.

Sorry for Connolly who always gives his all

Must need a bit of work fitness-wise.

Reckon on Sat we drop Butch into CB.

A number of options take over Butch's MF duties. But I'd go with Harkes. See if he can find another rocket in his pocket.

I suspect Neilson will go with the team that started v Dunfermline on Saturday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)