+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Villa vs West ham

Playing Jota and El Ghazi is having a negative impact on Grealish and McGinn who are being forced to defend when they should be further up the pitch. Not convinced those two wingers are good enough for the Prem actually and I’m still not convinced about Wesley.

Agree tbh Picasso, Jota can look quality at times but then proper frustrating at times when he gives ball away etc n Wesley for me has had one good game against Everton.. early days for him though n wonder whether he needs some one up with him n defo needs more service

Had we got the decision against Palace then the proverbial glass might be looking half full, we don't seem to know how to make the extra man count after a red card. That said - the subs were wrong for me, Wesley got increasingly frustrated feeding off scraps and Jota or AEG could have been pushed up alongside him with Nakamba making way for Hourihane or Lansbury to press home the advantage.

The work rate from the players was phenomenal against a very confident and organised side who for some reason looked more balanced with 10 men, their closing down on the edge of the box to snuff out threats was superb.

Fabianski was the busier keeper by far and after just 5 games we are starting to look a settled side - onwards & upwards.

UTV!

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Had we got the decision against Palace then the proverbial glass might be looking half full, we don't seem to know how to make the extra man count after a red card. That said - the subs were wrong for me, Wesley got increasingly frustrated feeding off scraps and Jota or AEG could have been pushed up alongside him with Nakamba making way for Hourihane or Lansbury to press home the advantage.

The work rate from the players was phenomenal against a very confident and organised side who for some reason looked more balanced with 10 men, their closing down on the edge of the box to snuff out threats was superb.

Fabianski was the busier keeper by far and after just 5 games we are starting to look a settled side - onwards & upwards.

UTV!
    My thoughts exactly... Except I would be starting Hourihane every game. Love the player

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)