+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This forum and Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by NortonBaggie View Post
    Looking at other WBA Boards this one seems unique in being Leaver favoured. I wonder if it's a generation thing, I know for example that I am of a similar age to Mick and absolutely agree with his views. Coming from Stourbridge I thought I would have to swerve the Tory vote but now Margot has lost the whip hopefully we get a Leave candidate. I would vote Brexit Party but I'm sure that the only way to stop Comrade Corbyn is to vote Boris.
    I don't think its generational for a minute. Its more like people who can see things and not be swayed. Our generation has the benefit of seeing how the EU has changed over the years, from just a trading block (good idea) to a controlling block (Bad idea)
    Already the EU is not going to allow veto's soon, in other words, do as we say. final. How anyone with an ounce of common sense cant see how dangerous that is is beyond me.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8729396.html
    Last edited by boingy; 12-09-2019 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggielad View Post
    Seriously, jeez.
    There's a quite a lot of people out there who would say she has done a honourable thing by trying to protect the electorate from the idiocy of a no deal brexit.
    Yes “seriously” !!

Her constituents voted 64% to 36% to leave.

She is a rabid remainer.

She spends so little time in Stourbridge that she can barely remember the name of the place she’s supposed to represent.

An absolutely hopeless MP.

Isn't it amazing how no one says the idiocy of the EU? Plenty of material there. I have my MOT tomorrow the guys who run the garage can fill you in on loads of EU nonsense. Next year, new braking software. What could have cost me £60 for a repair could now cost me nearer £1000, because you will have to replace not only the pads but the drums and discs if it doesn't meet the requirements! Europe thinks nothing like us at all. Always overkill, which really suits the rich.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Yes “seriously” !!

She is a rabid remainer.

She spends so little time in Stourbridge that she can barely remember the name of the place she’s supposed to represent.

same with Tom Watson never seen Him West Bromwich ,voted for him well labour ,won’t vote for him or labour again.keeps saying the people of West Bromwich trust me.do we f#ck you shythawk.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Yes “seriously” !!

She is a rabid remainer.

I was highlighting the homophobic comment. Really no need for it on a public forum.
    She's elected to represent the people as she sees fit. If she thinks a no deal Brexit is a bad idea, as countless experts suggest, she should stick to her belief.

Quote Originally Posted by baggielad View Post
    I was highlighting the homophobic comment. Really no need for it on a public forum.
    She's elected to represent the people as she sees fit. If she thinks a no deal Brexit is a bad idea, as countless experts suggest, she should stick to her belief.
    yes and when the people see fit,they will vote her OUT.

What's happened to Simple as? Used to love his articulate posts telling us what we voted for. Maybe he has gone back to school now.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I don't think its generational for a minute. Its more like people who can see things and not be swayed. Our generation has the benefit of seeing how the EU has changed over the years, from just a trading block (good idea) to a controlling block (Bad idea)
    Already the EU is not going to allow veto's soon, in other words, do as we say. final. How anyone with an ounce of common sense cant see how dangerous that is is beyond me.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8729396.html
    The EU hasn’t changed Boingy. It was always more than a trading block. The people weren’t told the truth as PM Heath knew full well if they were told what it was and where it was heading it would be rejected. So, the truth got covered up and suppressed. Before 123 accuses me of getting that from The Sun, it was proven by minuted cabinet records that were opened under the 30 Year Rule. I can see why those who supported membership at the time feel betrayed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)