+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Phillips

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Phillips

Great news with the new contract.

im sure sugar lips will find fault somewhere......

... Thought it was salt?

To be fair to Philips he's not let it effect his game, hasn't gone running to the press/Twitter etc, just carried on....good lad.

Love the fact they went out and signed him. seen some whining about the out clause on promotion.

Let's face it. If we don't go up the year we have a whole lot of issues including a new coaching staff, 1/2 the squad and a good chance a new owner. Radz has pretty much put it all of the line to get us promoted. we fail this time and it's going to be as painful as the KB years.

Personally, I don't think that Phillips wants to go either. he's only going to step up more.

Injuries are the only thing that will keep us from going up.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Love the fact they went out and signed him. seen some whining about the out clause on promotion.

Let's face it. If we don't go up the year we have a whole lot of issues including a new coaching staff, 1/2 the squad and a good chance a new owner. Radz has pretty much put it all of the line to get us promoted. we fail this time and it's going to be as painful as the KB years.

Personally, I don't think that Phillips wants to go either. he's only going to step up more.

Injuries are the only thing that will keep us from going up.
    The KB year's are well behind this club, Cellino then Radz (who also added sanity)have sorted the mystical accounts out. A well supported stable club, thriving youth system, easy to see why Radz has turned now a number of approaches this season

Don't disagree but everyone has a whole lot riding on the line. Radz most of all.

Just my opinion but I think Radz is "punching way above his weight" financially on LUFC and he's committed his fortune on the club and promotion is his goal. The hiring of MB, while brilliant, was one big roll of the dice for him. if we don't go up I wonder if he can make the numbers work in the future and might just be inclined to sell since he'll be so tight for money. He sure won't have any problem selling it for a profit.

I love the fact he's put it all on the line and done it with some great financial responsibility for the club and him.

This is a great outcome and probably the best business we will do this year. Having watched the Amazon Prime documentary, not only is Philllips a very talented, hard working and versatile player, he is also level headed, down to earth, loyal and he seems like a genuinely nice person; not something you can say about many footballers.

Cooper and Dallas signing long term deals today also. All good.....

And for the finale they will now get Bamford playing like Harry Kane

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)