+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your fan career

Your fan career

I have moved around a bit, and as im getting older I have begun thinking about the past. As a young man I moved to Sheffield, then Birmingham , back to Cambridge, then Stoke, then back to Brum, now finally back to Ely.

In all that time, this is a list of clubs I have watched. As a lad, uncounted Cambridge United and City games, in Sheffield Wednesday and United, I loved my time there, Wednesday fans are a breed apart. I loved watching them as well as United.

In Brum in two spells, Birmingham City far more than Villa, I don't know why, I think it was because it was easier to get too. Indifferent about them really. I watched Bromsgrove Rovers for several seasons, almost all home games, a grand club now with a different name now, Redditch, Halesowen, Stourbridge, Alvechurch for a couple of seasons, all of them I racked up a lot of games. In Stoke, City and Vale, don't care about either really, just went to watch a game.

Now im back home so to speak, im indifferent about United, Ely are rubbish, and im now a Wisbech fan. Who would have thought that. Kings Lynn are a regular visit, a lovely club and town. I go to Soham occasionally. Where has your fan career taken you.? In a big list, I rate Wednesday as the best of the lot, a big club that will go nowhere, a tragedy.

A ground hopper before it was invented. Floella Jackson Rimbaugh DSE.

You're right about Wedneday fans being a breed apart. The massive (my arse) are truly deluded

My fan career is very simple. First live game I ever watched was at the Lane, been following them ever since. Even managed 4 home games in a season when I was living in Spain.... I've seen the neighbours about 3 times when they weren't playing us, and I went to watch Norwich at home when visiting family in Norfolk. Apart from that, I must have seen several hundred games featuring the ***y stylish Pies. I've been to a few outposts over the years, Wigan and Colchester's old grounds away, Southend, Rotherham at Millmoor, and when they were at that aweful ground in Sheffield. Also seen us at Wolves, Tottenham, Brentford, Florest when we used to play them in the league, Mansfailed, and Chessy.

Only ever attended two games that didn't involve Notts, a Wembley cup final and a local non-league side in the 4th Qualifying round of the FA Cup.

I did support Liverpool however before I was able to persuade my dad to take me to a match and that was always going to be at Notts because I hated Fword and wouldn't have wanted to have risked seeing them win.

I used to watch Leeds now and again, wife is from there and watched a few Forest games when I was about 10 or 11.
    Couldn't see to well in the crowd of 30,000. I was at the Spurs v ManUtd. game in the earlier sixties at White Hart Lane, Spurs won 5-1.
    I remember watching Hately play his first game for Villa at the City ground and scoring in a 1-0 win.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw2 View Post
    I have moved around a bit, and as im getting older I have begun thinking about the past. As a young man I moved to Sheffield, then Birmingham , back to Cambridge, then Stoke, then back to Brum, now finally back to Ely.

In all that time, this is a list of clubs I have watched. As a lad, uncounted Cambridge United and City games, in Sheffield Wednesday and United, I loved my time there, Wednesday fans are a breed apart. I loved watching them as well as United.

In Brum in two spells, Birmingham City far more than Villa, I don't know why, I think it was because it was easier to get too. Indifferent about them really. I watched Bromsgrove Rovers for several seasons, almost all home games, a grand club now with a different name now, Redditch, Halesowen, Stourbridge, Alvechurch for a couple of seasons, all of them I racked up a lot of games. In Stoke, City and Vale, don't care about either really, just went to watch a game.

Now im back home so to speak, im indifferent about United, Ely are rubbish, and im now a Wisbech fan. Who would have thought that. Kings Lynn are a regular visit, a lovely club and town. I go to Soham occasionally. Where has your fan career taken you.? In a big list, I rate Wednesday as the best of the lot, a big club that will go nowhere, a tragedy.

A ground hopper before it was invented. Floella Jackson Rimbaugh DSE.
    From Ely then. Some of my relations are from that neck of the woods. Believe my Nanas' parents owned the Mill years ago
    Last edited by irishpete; 10-09-2019 at 04:03 PM.

I've been a Notts fan since I first went in the early 90s, but this season is the first time in my life that I've attempted to support another club. I have a season ticket at Bohemians 1905 in Prague. It's a cracking little club with amazing fans.

Apart from that, the live games I've been to that haven't involved Notts have been at Forest (forgive me), Hertha Berlin, Wisla Krakow, and a host of Prague-based club (Slavia, Sparta, Viktoria Zizkov).

I love having a home-from-home team, but of course nothing ever compares to watching Notts. I'm looking forward to going to my first game this season in November. Barrow, I think.

My first Notts game was a boxing day match against Chelsea which we won 2-0...it was the late 80's I think and I was pretty young. I've no idea what division that was.

I didn't start going regularly to watch Notts until the 94/95 season when we got relegated from what is now the Championship...and it has been pretty much down hill ever since, I've tried not caring about Notts a few times but it never works!

1973 - Present

Notts County.

1973 - present.

Also Notts County.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast