+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: O/T Sir Geoffrey Boycott

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    "I don't give a toss" is what more people should say to these arseholes on Twitter who think they run the country, instead of kowtowing to them and making them think they're important.

Yes indeed, it was refreshing to hear it.

So a woman gets verbally abused at Doncaster Keepmoat Stadium and it’s wrong, yet a guy can thump a woman in the mouth and get a knighthood from a failed Prime Minister.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    So a woman gets verbally abused at Doncaster Keepmoat Stadium and it’s wrong, yet a guy can thump a woman in the mouth and get a knighthood from a failed Prime Minister.
    He maintains he didnt do it and that she was trying to bribe him for £1m...and the French justice system he concludes is worse than ours...good help them

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I remember growing up and watching him play at the side of my dad. I was at the Bottom Club at Dalton sat on the floor with a drink and a packet of crisps watching him make his 100th hundred. I can still see it now as vividly as if it was yesterday, and the cheers that went with it as he got to 100 after the tension.

Bottom Club?
    Oh - you mean Lidl

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Bottom Club?
    Oh - you mean Lidl
    I was going to write that in

Apparently there's only top club that's still there.

I was going to write that in

Apparently there's only top club that's still there.
    The Baggin is still there frog.

Brian Clough is the greatest ever Yorkshireman.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    The Baggin is still there frog.
    Oh yes, I had forgot about that

I remember growing up and watching him play at the side of my dad. I was at the Bottom Club at Dalton sat on the floor with a drink and a packet of crisps watching him make his 100th hundred. I can still see it now as vividly as if it was yesterday, and the cheers that went with it as he got to 100 after the tension.

I think it was the same year my dad held me on his sholders at Scarborough so that I could see Boycott lift a trophy but I can't remember which one.

Geoff Boycott was a childhood hero of mine who I met briefly at Headingly as he walked into the stadium with his partner. I just said hello and shook hands that's how briefly it was but he has something about him.

He's done more for cricket throughout the world than anyone else and for his cricketing record alone he deserves a knighthood.

This year it is odds on that Stokes will rightly win the BBC Sports personality and he'll be knighted as soon as he retires. Let us wait to see if his brushes with the law are put up to the same light.
    I had almost identical experiences Frog.

Boycott was like a religion in our house. The first Time i saw Yorkshire play was at Queens Park in Chesterfield against Derbyshire. Some Tykes unfurled a massive banner which said "Boycott-Shire".

I remember his hundredth hundred. What an occasion.

For me he is the greatest.

Funny but if he was from Lancashire & played for Lancashire we probably would dislike him.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast