+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Switch of dugouts

Not as daft as it sounds although I doubt there's much science behind it. For as long as I could remember, the away dugout at Millmoor was the one closest to the Tivoli End. In fact the home dugout was just past the halfway line while the away one was about halfway down that half of the pitch until new regulations came in stating dugouts must be equal distance from the halfway line.

Did it give us an advantage? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Watch us try that and end up with staff seeing red cards
    Or stewards taking their details.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It's actually 70s glam band Sweet's cover of "New York Groove" they play as an intro now, it includes the chorus of "Empire State of Mind" as the song's chorus.

I like this many clips in the song that we can all sing to seconds before kickoff, always said the pre match build up is way to early as most of the crowd is still in the concourses when they play the videos etc that are suppose to lift the crowd and get the NYS bouncing. Timing for this stuff is key and we get it very wrong.

The day is here, let’s have some fun or not if Cleo see us on CCTV and can lip read

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Not as daft as it sounds although I doubt there's much science behind it. For as long as I could remember, the away dugout at Millmoor was the one closest to the Tivoli End. In fact the home dugout was just past the halfway line while the away one was about halfway down that half of the pitch until new regulations came in stating dugouts must be equal distance from the halfway line.

Did it give us an advantage? Probably not.
    I always thought it was to make the opposition walk further at Millmoor and also gave us an easier journey if anything needed from the changing rooms.

Keith Hill looked sadly out of position .

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Keith Hill looked sadly out of position .
    So did most of his team...😉.

Wonder if anyone gave him some verbal from back of the dugout area ?

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    So did most of his team...😉.

Wonder if anyone gave him some verbal from back of the dugout area ?
    Yes, one old bloke did - he thought it was Warney

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345