+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bolton Match - Predictions, formations & Result

Not much optimism knocking about is there?

4-1 millers

Bolton to score
    You gone all pessimistic?

Robertson own goal 😉

There are often messages on this board about odd bets and bet combinations, so I wonder what the odds would be for one or more of the management team turning the wrong way when they come out of the tunnel, now that the dugouts have been moved?

The last time a Bolton team beat the Millers on their own turf in the league was August 1966 – a month after England had lifted the World Cup.

Can't get to match but can't for the life of me see Bolton , with this newly formed team, firing on any sort of cylinder, Keith Hill or not. I'm going for 4-0 Millers with a 4-3-3 formation and Ladapo to run riot.

Don't forget the top 2 divisions have had a free week. No doubt Hilly will have had his team play behind closed doors matches with perhaps Burnley or Blackburn to sharpen them up. That said I think it will be a tough game but it really depends on if theirs been any lessons learned from the last 3 games. Hope we go 2 up front. The Score? Dunno.
    Last edited by Galley On; 12-09-2019 at 09:18 AM.

If Warney doesn’t want me to kick off then we need to win no matter what

Well for one thing we can't really used the "team hasn't gelled yet" argument in this game, because we've certainly had more time than Bolton!

I think we'll go 4-3-3, even though I'd prefer 4-4-2 but I think Warne will stick to his guns and keep pushing 3 up top.

I think Bolton will be inspired by a variety of factors and give it a real good go, I just hope we don't try and counter this by defending deep and inviting them onto us in the hope of a break. It is a tactic that never has and never will work for us.

If they come at us high tempo then we need to do the same, which will no doubt invite a high scoring game, we just have to be more effective on the day. We have the players to do it so lets hope they switch on and give us the shot in the arm we need.

I predict 3-2 to us. They'll score first, then we'll wake up and push back and eventually go 3-1 up. Then we'll fall asleep and they'll put pressure on, pull one back in the 89th, then give us all high blood pressure as we hang on into injury time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast