+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 20th Anniversary of the murder of Harry Stanley

20th Anniversary of the murder of Harry Stanley

I was having an argument with an ex Military Policeman today when I mentioned the story of Harry Stanley.

Afterwards, I went to reacquaint myself to the story and realised it was coming up to the 20th anniversary of this horrendous slaying of a father-of-three walking home in daylight by murderous thugs representing the Metropolitan Police.

Lets see if the media mentions this case in the forthcoming coming days

If you do read on, just keep in mind that the known perpetrators walked free and Harry's family received no justice for this crime

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3974461.stm

...and a 10 minute film here

https://hackneyhistory.wordpress.com...harry-stanley/

Noted

Interesting to see Harry the mistaken Provo was shot in Sep 1999 a year and a half after the Good Friday Agreement.

The polis really are stupid sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I was having an argument with an ex Military Policeman today when I mentioned the story of Harry Stanley.

Afterwards, I went to reacquaint myself to the story and realised it was coming up to the 20th anniversary of this horrendous slaying of a father-of-three walking home in daylight by murderous thugs representing the Metropolitan Police.

Lets see if the media mentions this case in the forthcoming coming days

If you do read on, just keep in mind that the known perpetrators walked free and Harry's family received no justice for this crime

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3974461.stm

...and a 10 minute film here
    . I
    https://hackneyhistory.wordpress.com...harry-stanley/
    Murderous thugs ? .....You make it sound like they set out to kill any random punter.

Whereas they actually had to make a split second decision whether to shoot a man who they had genuine reasons to believe was carrying a gun and might fire it.

Based on the small number of articles I've just read , I can understand why they shot him. But it's the aftermath where the cops who shot him and their colleagues are open to criticism and should be brought to justice. They have to be seen to be acting above board and held accountable for their actions. In this case it seems like there was some sort of collusion among the cops, after the shooting, to get their story straight.

Have to say , as well , that my initial sympathy for Harry Stanley and his family was greatly reduced when I read that he'd previously bbeen convicted of armed robbery and GBH

Hard to feel any sympathy for him.

"Stovies in the microwave". Fit the hell is that all about.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Murderous thugs ? .....You make it sound like they set out to kill any random punter.

Whereas they actually had to make a split second decision whether to shoot a man who they had genuine reasons to believe was carrying a gun and might fire it.

Based on the small number of articles I've just read , I can understand why they shot him. But it's the aftermath where the cops who shot him and their colleagues are open to criticism and should be brought to justice. They have to be seen to be acting above board and held accountable for their actions. In this case it seems like there was some sort of collusion among the cops, after the shooting, to get their story straight.

Have to say , as well , that my initial sympathy for Harry Stanley and his family was greatly reduced when I read that he'd previously bbeen convicted of armed robbery and GBH
    Ah you're right, he's got previous and he was carrying a table leg home, so shoot him dead and ask questions later. Although, considering the Police didn't know who he was when they shot him, then I don't know what his previous convictions make any difference?

Do you also think it was right that Brazilian electrician Jean Charles de Menezes was shot seven times in the head at close range for no reason just like Stanley?

Are you content that the Police should carry out extra judicial killings without fear of being held to account?

How much was it reduced by ? half, a wee bit, Why don't just you say he got what he deserved because he had a criminal record. There is a valid argument that Harry Stanley was executed. A wee bit of research show he was shot from 15 feet he wasn't shot to disable him he was shot clean through the head. For a highly trained officer to shot someone in the head is a conscious decision to shoot to kill. The fact this officer cant tell the difference between a Queen Anne table leg and a gun shouldn't come into it.

Do you accept that the police marksmen didn't know it was a table leg ?

Do you accept that they were given a tip-off that it was a sawn off shotgun ?

I never said his previous convictions made any difference as far as the reason for the police shooting him is concerned. But it makes a big difference to my own personal sympathy for him and his family. My personal rule of thumb is that a convicted armed robber is a complete and utter massive cvnt.

Never said anything about de Menezes , although without having read about it lately I can't remember the details. But my recollection is that at the time I thought that the police had been shown to be in the wrong.

As for the question in the final paragraph of your post. I said in my previous post the police have to be seen to be above board and held accountable for their actions. Which bit of that don't you understand ?

Edited to add that this is a reply to the last post by Bogbrush
    Last edited by redstarfk; 16-09-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Do you accept that the police marksmen didn't know it was a table leg ?

Do you accept that they were given a tip-off that it was a sawn off shotgun ?

I never said his previous convictions made any difference as far as the reason for the police shooting him is concerned. But it makes a big difference to my own personal sympathy for him and his family. My personal rule of thumb is that a convicted armed robber is a complete and utter massive cvnt.

Never said anything about de Menezes , although without having read about it lately I can't remember the details. But my recollection is that at the time I thought that the police had been shown to be in the wrong.

As for the question in the final paragraph of your post. I said in my previous post the police have to be seen to be above board and held accountable for their actions. Which bit of that don't you understand ?

Edited to add that this is a reply to the last post by Bogbrush
    This whole episode actually goes much further than the killing itself. The Met themselves did everything to resist the investigation some would say they impeded it. The two officers themselves were charge with perverting the course of justice. The unit involved actually went on strike because their motives were questioned ! These unofficial strikers of the police armed group no doubt think that they should have the right to life or death over the community and immunity from prosecution when they kill innocents. And the3 bottom line id Harry Stanley was innocent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast