+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ashes 5th and Final Test at the Oval

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It just goes to show Ethel that unsavory reputation tarnishing incidents like these blow over eventually as I'm sure it will for the Aussie players. No doubt in 20 years time Steve Smith will be in a privileged position as Atherton currently is covering the game on a major sports channel getting handsomely paid for his 'words of wisdom'.
    Words of wisdom like "let it be" if it's on a 4th or 5th stump line outside off stump unless you're smacking it through the offside....Aye like he used to do

I’ve said my bit on this Pass. They get reinstated and it’s all lost in the mists of time. Just like you pointed out with atherton. The Aussie three are already back playing at the highest level, smith being lauded as a genius (which he seems to be to be fair) but it stinks. Let’s move on now, it looks like rebuild time for England. Need established openers and quality bowling to replace Anderson and Broad eventually and at least one spinner. I’m looking forward to see how it goes we’ve got two years before we play the Aussies again.

Yeah a new opening partner for Burns. Sam Curran to play regularly. Some life injected to the middle order too. Buttler and Bairstow need a kick up the ar5e or moving on.

Buttler on his day is fantastic but so is christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I’ve said my bit on this Pass. They get reinstated and it’s all lost in the mists of time. Just like you pointed out with atherton. The Aussie three are already back playing at the highest level, smith being lauded as a genius (which he seems to be to be fair) but it stinks. Let’s move on now, it looks like rebuild time for England. Need established openers and quality bowling to replace Anderson and Broad eventually and at least one spinner. I’m looking forward to see how it goes we’ve got two years before we play the Aussies again.

Agree Ethel, focus on getting an established team to bring those ashes home. Seen plenty of promise in Archer and Curran. Agree with Pontesteve about middle order, a pretty poor showing from Bairstow this series.

Yup agree. The current problem with our cricket is the focus on one day big money stuff. The current team we have bring one day mentality to test match fixtures. That’s why tests are over in 4 days or less. Need to rethink county champs to strengthen test teams.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234