+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes 5th and Final Test at the Oval

Ashes 5th and Final Test at the Oval

Ashes already lost , i hope we have enough guts and pride in this match to win ,

Agreed. Let's not looiz series

Enjoyable days cricket today. Archer was superb as was young Sam Curran. Darn to batters 2mora nar

Let's all be pleased !! We are now in a reasonable position to win this match , well played so far England , don't lose the chance !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Let's all be pleased !! We are now in a reasonable position to win this match , well played so far England , don't lose the chance !

Fair play to the lads today, given ourselves every chance.

This series has been excellent viewing, ok they've regained the ashes but I can't begrudge them that, thy only gets what tha deserves in test cricket. Smith has been the difference between the teams, outstanding performances despite all the stick (which he deserved). 10 consecutive test innings of 50 or above is on another level and up there with the best I've seen. We look at a loss on how to dismiss him, credit where it's due, sometimes thaz just got to applaud.

Smith and Warner shudda been thrown arta game fo life fo cheeating, like that Hansie Cronje from South Africa.

I can't applaud 'em Pass. Cheeats. Neear mind all that ruerrin the did. Thedda been laughing behind opponents backs if thedda gorraway wi it. Cheeatin and cheeaters ez no part in cricket.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 14-09-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Smith and Warner shudda been thrown arta game fo life fo cheeating, like that Hansie Cronje from South Africa.

I can't applaud 'em Pass. Cheeats. Neear mind all that ruerrin the did. Thedda been laughing behind opponents backs if thedda gorraway wi it. Cheeatin and cheeaters ez no part in cricket.
    Agree to a certain extent but I really think a 3 year ban from all forms of cricket should have been handed out .

I would have given Warner a lifetime ban from representing Australia too given his behaviour in that series against South Africa and a fair bit of previous .

They all played Grade Cricket in Australia to keep their eye in whilst banned .

The fact that Cricket Australia had one eye on the World Cup and The Ashes made themselves look as corrupt as the three players who were found guilty of cheating .

The crime most definitely didn't match the punishment in my opinion .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 14-09-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

I agree cheating has no place in cricket or in any spooart. He's made a huge mistake, a dint like what he did but he's been punished, banned and served his ban. However, I've tried to look beyond what's happened in the past and watched this series with an open mind. What I've witnessed Smith do with the bat in this series is worthy of applause imo. He ent cheated nubdy in this series, he's just laiked extremely good cricket. I'm certainly no Aussie fan but I can appreciate top quality cricket when I witness it and that's what he's given us.

Folk mek mistakes in life for whatever reason, always ev done and always will. Some folk can forgive, others can't. Personally I think a life ban would've bin too extreme but that just my opinion. I think Smith's ban and bad publicity was enough to put off any potential cheats of the future. We'll evto agree to disagree on this one SB.

Spooart is full of cheats. In an ideal world every spooart should be played or contested in the right spirit but it seldom is. It's summat we have to live with, a dunt like it, I've pointed art many a time on this forum my opinion abart cheating in football, play acting and diving boils my urine because it perpetually goes on and remains unpunished. However, I wouldn't hand out lifetime bans to the perpetrators on the basis of them cheating if truth be told. A 10 week ban with no pay would suffice, it'd sooin stamp it art.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I agree cheating has no place in cricket or in any spooart. He's made a huge mistake, a dint like what he did but he's been punished, banned and served his ban. However, I've tried to look beyond what's happened in the past and watched this series with an open mind. What I've witnessed Smith do with the bat in this series is worthy of applause imo. He ent cheated nubdy in this series, he's just laiked extremely good cricket. I'm certainly no Aussie fan but I can appreciate top quality cricket when I witness it and that's what he's given us.

Folk mek mistakes in life for whatever reason, always ev done and always will. Some folk can forgive, others can't. Personally I think a life ban would've bin too extreme but that just my opinion. I think Smith's ban and bad publicity was enough to put off any potential cheats of the future. We'll evto agree to disagree on this one SB.

Spooart is full of cheats. In an ideal world every spooart should be played or contested in the right spirit but it seldom is. It's summat we have to live with, a dunt like it, I've pointed art many a time on this forum my opinion abart cheating in football, play acting and diving boils my urine because it perpetually goes on and remains unpunished. However, I wouldn't hand out lifetime bans to the perpetrators on the basis of them cheating if truth be told. A 10 week ban with no pay would suffice, it'd sooin stamp it art.
    To me Steve Smith is the Maradona of cricket , I struggle to get past the cheat he is .

There's no doubt he's an exceptionally gifted batsman but there's a cloud .

The fact he knew what was going off and endorsed it against SA leaves a very bitter taste mate .

If these cheats had been Pakistani for example. would a one year ban have been enough in your eyes?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast