+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T 5th test England v Australia

O/T 5th test England v Australia

Well it’s not raining and at a quick glance it looks like a decent start at 80-1

However, England seem to have learned nothing from the previous matches, still playing in a white ball format. They were trying to play expansive scoring shots in the first hour of the game.

Root now on 26 but he’s been dropped twice, catches that an average weekend player would have held.

Bowling ok but not brilliant, but we seem to want to score off every ball so are making the bowlers job easier.

Less than two hours in and the experts are already commenting that the wicket is wearing out!

Chances of this going to 5 days are slim.

Root might as well open the batting because the openers are not there long enough to take the shine of the ball.Half the time he's coming in too early.

Dropped three times now. I might send Root a text to see if he can put my lottery numbers on this Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Dropped three times now. I might send Root a text to see if he can put my lottery numbers on this Saturday
    Put it on Friday Grist 143.000.000, then you can by that midfield general the Millers are short of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Put it on Friday Grist 143.000.000, then you can by that midfield general the Millers are short of.
    Good idea, but even then PW might play him in goal.

England have just won by 135 runs
    Series drawn 2-2
    Australia retain the Ashes

Today was a bit more test match, rather than a white ball bash.

Well done England

And grudgingly well done Australia

Root had a good game

Root should bat 4 and Buttler 7 for me. Why move them from positions where they are making runs to cover off other weaknesses. Buttler is the best we have batting with the tail - crucial runs.

Of course it was a pure coincidence that this game didn’t go into day 5

Pride restored, as they didn't lose the whole series but drew. Of course the Aussies retain the little urn and I'm not taking about Mr Wise.

Been some exceptional bowling and batting which I've thoroughly enjoyed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast