+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jumble Lane crossing and town centre road closures on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    English, Irish n Scotsman all sat on top on a bridge they were working on evvin their snap. Englishman sez "bleeding jam sarnies ageeun! Am sick on em, if she meks mi these ageeun 2mora am gonna jump off this bridge!"
    Scotsman sez "bloody cheese n branston again! if a get same 2mora am gonna jump off n all!"
    Irishman sez "peanut butter again! If I get these 2mora I'm gonna jump off too lads"

The following day they are all sat on top o the bridge on their lunch break ready to open their snap tins. They all get same snap ageeun! They all jump off the bridge and they all die.

At the funeral the Englishmans wife is inconsolable "If he'd have just told me, I would've made him a different sandwich" The Scotsmans wife was devastated "If only I knew" The Irishmans wife said "I just don't understand it, he always made his own snap"
    Was the bridge open? Before or after the match?

And for those local supporters looking for their councillors and the local SYPTE to support them, here’s the advice.......
    “Get ya fat arsoiles off they buss two miles away, as we have to look after the scum.
    Feck you,,,

“For this Sunday’s game, home fans usually travelling by train are encouraged to take alternative transport into the town centre - via car or bus - as the Interchange will be heavily congested with away supporters and delays in accessing the railway station should be anticipated.

If travelling by bus, fans are encouraged to exit the bus before arriving at the Interchange..

All part of the blame/fault culture.

If/ when trouble kicks off the Club, Council, Transport Authorites, Police, Safety Advisory Group, etc can all say "Not aar fault, the fans didn't follow aar advice". We published Operation Redhammer well in advance warning of the consequences if fans travelled to the game in their normal way.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 13-09-2019 at 08:28 AM.

I still can't drive far so I have to come on the train but it says if you normally come in the train do not but I daren't drive because I might get stuck in traffic because it sounds like there may be parking chaos. I am going to have to pretend to be a nice lady who has accidentally got caught up in all of this mayhem and just needs to get on and off trains ( this approach does work, I can saunter past crowds of blojes who are being shepherded along by the police quite easily ). I even thought of keeping my crutches just for Sunday.

To top it all off Bobbies are bringing in a pack of sniffer Pyro Dogs to sniff thi arse as tha walks past.

Any bugger that meks it to grarnd tomorra should gerra medal. Barnsley-v-Workington nivva ed this palaver.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 14-09-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Last time I went and had a cup of tea before attempting to get a train home. I can't even do that this time as I cannot pass unto the dark side of town where cups of tea can be had. I need an extra BIG medal should I even get past Meadowhall.

Take a flask Linz

I suppose that for the return game Leeds fans travel into Elland Road will be re-routed to ensure a smooth approach to the ground for Barnsley fans.

No, aar dun't think so either.

Allev to be gooin to bed sooin to be up in time to set off to be able to park sumweear in Tarn and trek to grarnd in time fo Kick Off.
    Dog could lend me his helicopter and provide sum snap to mark my 60th year suppooarting BFC from the age of 11.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 14-09-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Take a flask Linz
    I do for half time. I've got up to plan E now. They've not said we cannot arrive on bicycles. I drive to within 2 miles of the ground, park up and cycle there. This falls apart (a) because there is nowhere secure to store my beloved bikie (b) Monkey has reminded me I cycled down the one way street last time we cycled in Barnsley so we are back to plan (c) train.

Aha....plan f...swim there. Ironically swimming and cycling are much easier after a broken ankle than walking.

Plan G....take a stick and pretend to limp whilst preparing to whack any Leeds fans out of the way.

Thug !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast