+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cambridge

I had to leave after an hour, just as Dale was coming on, so can only accurately comment on what I saw, but felt that our experienced players let the youngsters down. Lancashire was turned far too easily for the opening goal and Green’s lunge that got him sent off was either naive or reckless.... or somewhere in between and looked like a stonewall red from the stand. Porter was pretty anonymous in the first half and Powell didn’t really contribute much either. I thought these players were there to supplement and guide our young players. Green generally does, and Nolan and Porter are generally reliable, but yesterday they were disappointing. Must agree that Carruthers scored more for artistic impression than technical merit during the match, going down faster than a cheap hooker in Cobridge - how long before this comment is removed!!

One positive to end on. I watched the highlights and was impressed with Anene’s cute finish - not what one might expect from a big man and gives further hope for the future.

I am a fan of Porter, but yes he was disappointing yesterday. Best kick he had all day was the water bottle as he was substituted. Thought Annene did more in 25? Mins that Porter all game.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Re the penalty Mike.
    On the day ( I was there, were you?) it was very very obviously a good legitimate tackle. On the highlights, I agree it was ambiguous, but, on a twitter feed (can't find it anymore) that was on a loop, the tackle was excellent and no way a penalty. The player was actually going down (diving??) before Ng got the ball.
    No, I wasn't at the match but few fans can actually see these incidents clearly from the stands or even who scores goals sometimes and then you can see the difference when they are seen almost forensically on the later highlights and slow replays and why we can see the tackle 'clearly' failed in that he didn't get the ball and cut across the player and as a result brought him down and what's more the Ref was just a few yards away and made his decision right away. Just my opinion even though it was hotly disputed by McGarry and Morse and fans are naturally prejudiced lol. DA will get into trouble for his after match comments though. DA was in no position to judge as he was too far away and too many players in the way. I doubt he will appeal after seeing it later.

I think 62 years of me supporting CAFC and going to away matches when I was the only fan there entitles me to a view though!

Sorry Mike but you are wrong. Ng CLEARLY got the ball, both 'on the day by eye'(and would like to think that is not a predudiced opinion, along with everyone around me, along with everyone I overheard walking away from the ground.) AND, as I said earlier, the twitter clip is unequivocal, Perry got the ball cleanly.
    You are always entitled to a view/opinion, but length of service, away games etc is totally irrelevant. The opinion of someone attending for the first time would be equally relevant, if not more so as they actually attended.

Anyway, nice to have you back posting after a loss.
    Last edited by jimmyboldon; 15-09-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Sorry Mike but you are wrong. Ng CLEARLY got the ball, both 'on the day by eye'(and would like to think that is not a predudiced opinion, along with everyone around me, along with everyone I overheard walking away from the ground.) AND, as I said earlier, the twitter clip is unequivocal, Perry got the ball cleanly.
    You are always entitled to a view/opinion, but length of service, away games etc is totally irrelevant. The opinion of someone attending for the first time would be equally relevant, if not more so as they actually attended.

Anyway, nice to have you back posting after a loss.
    Haha....

Sorry but being at the game is immaterial as 'most' fans cannot see most incidents whereas close up video clearly can. Go and have another look and see Perry never came into contact with the ball and I would suggest had he, it would not have been a penalty. The Ref had a clearer look than ANY fan in both incidents actually and wanting it so doesn't make it so..

The point of saying I had been a fan 62 years and going to away games where I never saw another Crewe fan surely suggests that I would always give Crewe the benefit of the doubt but when the evidence is clear as in this case then no case to argue imo.

What's the point in posting when we win? This board is not a patch on the old fans forum boards.

Had another look on a slow motion video and it does show Perry possibly getting very close to the ball but without moving it but he was clearly lunging across the player and actually fouled him and brought him down ie obstruction which was a clear pen even had Perry got to the ball first and we can see the Ref was only ten yards away with a clear view of the incident. The point is everyone was saying it wasn't a pen and blaming the Ref when the video shows up that was the case. Group think with football fans is a shoe in though and I possibly would have booed the Ref at the end like everyone else on our side..I doubt that most fans would be able to see what the video showed in the split second it took.
    Last edited by MikeSB; 15-09-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Really don't know why I'm bothering, but here goes
    Mike, if you can sort this out for your, go to twitter #crewealex @quest tv.
    And....the angle from watching in the main stand we could all see a CLEAR deviation of the direction of the ball, which could only have been caused by contact with Perry's boot. The deviation is there on the slow mo, but is less obvious because of the camera angle.
    No doubt you will still disagree with the opinions of everybody else.

@PhilJBowers
    First time I've seen footage of the "penalty" at #CreweAlex yesterday. Awful decision. This ref has a history of mistakes. Where is the accountability? Players get dropped, managers get fired, what will happen to this guy?

The @QuestTV panelists pull no punches about the refereeing decision that cost #CreweAlex today. “A diabolical decision”.

Really don't know why I'm bothering, but here goes
    Mike, if you can sort this out for your, go to twitter #crewealex @quest tv.
    And....the angle from watching in the main stand we could all see a CLEAR deviation of the direction of the ball, which could only have been caused by contact with Perry's boot. The deviation is there on the slow mo, but is less obvious because of the camera angle.
    No doubt you will still disagree with the opinions of everybody else.
    Don't you think I wanted it NOT to be a Pen? I want us to have won but it was a terrible challenge in the area and was always risking a Pen and the fact that its contentious even when viewing later should tell us the Ref didn't make an 'obvious' mistake as most Crewe fans are saying and that's all I'm saying!

Well in my opinion it was not a penalty. I was there and when NG touched the ball, all around me shouted what a tackle. We could not believe it was a penalty. Nolan went towards the liner asking her to intervene but she was not going to do that. Mind she was behind the play most times. Near the end WJ clawed the ball away from the goal line, it was a definite corner. Where was she...……… 30 yards away

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast