+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cambridge

To be fair to Mike he was very positive about our start to the season a few weeks back.

My only addition to the penalty debate would be the comments made by Colin Calderwood, the Cambridge Utd manager. Unlike most managers in his place, when asked, he did not say that he thought it was a clear penalty, a stonewall penalty or the usual tripe. Indeed, he said after the match that they had the rub of the green and that the majority of the decisions went in their favour. After the comments from both the Grimsby and Crawley managers (and Steve Bruce) there’s a danger of sensible rather than one-eyed analysis breaking out in Football managers!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I don't read or post on twitter but went across just now to see the video of the incident and as much as I want it not to be a pen and not wanting to be contentious just to be awkward , I have to say that video adds nothing to the one on the video highlights and in fact confirms my own thoughts that Perry 'lunged' at their player and in reality it made no difference whether he touched the ball or not but I don't think he did get more than a fresh air touch because had he got a toe on the ball, it would surely have gone a few yards and it hardly moved, suggesting he didn't. We need a ref on here to confirm or otherwise. What is worse is the free header they got for their second goal. In the old days the Keeper would have come out for those sorts of balls and not stuck on his goal line.

Just to add another bone of contention, I think it was wrong for DA to drop Richards when he saved a pen the week before. IMO.
    Just seen the Twitter video and it shows with crystal clarity that Perrie got the ball and moved it (as I saw live at the game), and didn't even go fully to ground himself - was moving on to clear the ball when the pen was given, by ref running from behind Owen Dale.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234